Chapter 33: First date, part 1 - Arisa's side

What happened?", asked me Sayaka in the morning.

I looked at her, but no words were coming out.

(What shall I tell her? That I started to date our boss? That we go on our very first date this afternoon. And that it was me, who suggested it? Even thought it was by mistake... I can't tell her anything like that.)

„I am fine."

You don't look fine at all."

I need to focus on my work and so I slapped my face twice with both hands and looked back to documents.

You will be alright.", added Sayaka suddenly.

„Mmm."

Later I moved to the second floor, but Tomoka wasn't present there.

She had to leave to arrange something and left you a message on her table."

„Oh... okay, thanks."

I entered her room and noticed a small piece of paper placed on the empty desk.

(Wait for me at home, I will pick you up at 17:00)"

Heat spread through my whole body when I imagined myself and Tomoka walking hand in hand through the streets of Tokyo.

(What will people say? What if anyone recognize me?)

I had to sit down.

I don't know how long I was sitting there, but suddenly Hakuto appeared in the room and placed his right hand on my shoulder.

Are you alright, Arisa?"

I looked at him and then at his hand and realized, that I don't feel anything. A boy touched my shoulder and I felt nothing.

(What if it is Tomoka standing here and touching me like him?)

I started to feel the heat again.

„I am fine. Please leave me. I need to stay here for a bit more."

Ah, sure."

He left the room and I was there again alone.

(What is happening to me?)

After work, I arrived home on bus, took a shower and tried to find suitable clothes.