Chapter 63: Back to Reality

It was the morning when I opened eyes and found Tomoka lying next to me. Our foreheads were almost touching and my hand lay on her shoulder. She opened eyes too and looked into my eyes as well.

„Good morning, Tomoka."

Good morning, Arisa."

The greeting was finished with our standard kiss. We didn't need to hurry to work today, but still it was enough for us. Just to feel the softness of other one's lips... nothing more was necessary.

The receptionist welcomed us at breakfast.

Did you have a fun here yesterday?"

„Yeah. It was nice. I am happy, that we came here."

Me too.", added Tomoka.

If I may recommend... before you decide to go home, visit our salt cave and relax there for a while."

„Thanks."

Tomoka was deep in thoughts again and then said...

Or we could also try that haunted house.", and gave me a scary smile.

„Eeek?!"

Just the name startled me. But worse was what came next...

What do you mean?", asked the man.

I mean the basement room with carts... Rona and Konoe visited haunted cave... and in the same time we traveled to another world.", replied Tomoka.

It was great experience, thanks... we will come back again."

You are always welcomed, have a nice day."

Several customers walked past us and had a small conversation with the man. Then he turned back to us...

I don't know what you mean. First I don't remember any guests named Rona and Konoe and second... this onsen has no basement. It is just a rock with thermal springs. Look at the map, there is nothing like haunted cave or any other thing."

We were both in shock. Tomoka took out the map from her pocket and I looked at it too. The basement area was replaced with information about prices.

I don't understand. So what did happen here yesterday? What about our trip... to that restaurant on another planet?"

Another planet? Mmm... yesterday... one member of our staff noticed, that you both didn't feel well in the pool and we brought you to your apartment. Then you slept there till this morning. So if you traveled somewhere then only in your dreams."

Said the man and gave as a smile.

(Is that true? Was everything just a dream?)

(It looked so wonderful and real.)

After breakfast we both visited the salt cave and relaxed there for a while.

„Tomoka... what do think about it? Those suns and elves looked real... even thought they just wore costumes."

I don't know... but the weird thing is, that we both remember it. If we had a dream... how is it possible, that we had the same one? Are our minds connected because we are a couple?"

„I don't know."

We stayed there for at least one hour and then decided to return back home.

The next day was usual as other working days... except that Tomoka called Hakuto into her office and when he got out, his face expression was terrifying. Ryosuke-kun finally managed to create a character and was fully submerged into the game and didn't come to me even once.

When we got home, I took a shower and Tomoka had one after me too. It was just another calm day.

(ding, dong)

„Oh... who might it be?"

Tomoka was still in the bathroom and so I went downstairs alone.

Hello. I have a delivery for Akihara-san or Nakano-san... two packages."

Both are free of charge, so just sign your name here... and its yours."

A courier delivered us two packages and I brought them upstairs. One was very small and one quite big.

Tomoka just got out of the bathroom and opened me the door to the main room.

Who is it from?"

„I had no time to check it yet."

I put them both on the dining table and we examined them...

Tomoka first unpacked the smaller one and looked at me in confusion.

Whose is this ring? Your parents sent it."

„Oh, that must be the one found in my old apartment. My mother forgot to pass it to me when they were here the last time."

Tomoka looked scary.

„One of those movers had to drop it there."

Ah, I see... it might be so. I will take it to them later."

She smiled again.

So what is that other package?"

„Sender: Karex's Plushies"

Plushies? I didn't order anything like that."

„Neither me."

I continued unpacking it and inside were two smaller boxes and an envelope. I handed the envelope to Tomoka and unpacked the first box.

„Oh look, Tomoka! What a nice bunny!"

„Oh... and the other one is a tigress."

Two boxes contained plushies of a bunny and a tigress.

„Look, aren't they beautiful? But who could send them to us?"

Tomoka didn't reply and when I turned to her, she was holding that opened envelope and had very cold expression.

„Tomoka? What is in that envelope? What happened?"

She looked at me, but stayed silent...