Chapter 18: Girls talks

As yesterday, I started my day in the room with other accountants.

Suddenly Sayaka turned to me and asked a question I was not expecting to get in the workplace.

Arisa... do you have a boyfriend?"

(Eeeh? Why does she ask me that so suddenly?)

„No."

„Why?"

It's nothing. I was just curious."

She then returned back to her work.

(Why she asked me that? Does she have a brother she wants to introduce to me?)

I rather didn't ask and focused on my work. Later I moved to the second floor and continued as a tester. When the time to go home was getting closer, I sent my report to the boss and went home.

The work today tired me out and so I decided to take a rest.

(ding)

A chat message arrived few minutes later.

It was from no one else than the boss.

(Arisa. Do you mind me to talk to you now?)"

„(Sure.)"

(Can I ask something personal?)"

(Personal? Why?)

„(Mmm... yes... no problem.)"

(Do you like boys? Did you ever date any boy?)"

(Why does she ask that? Sayaka was suddenly curious in the morning and now even the boss?)

„(Umm...)"

(If you don't want to reply then you don't have to.)"

„(No. It's okay. I had a crush on one boy in school, but never dated anyone.)"

(I see...)"

(What about girls? Do you like girls?)"

(Eeeh?)

I was shocked. Why does she give me such questions?

„(I never thought about that. Probably not.)"

(Mmm... what about lady Anne? Do you like her?)"

„(I love her!)"

I replied that without thinking...

(I see...)"

(What would you do if you would meet her in real life?)"

„(I would marry her right away!)"

(Oh... really?)"

Now I realized what I wrote. Just as I heard the name Anne, my brain stopped working and I just replied what was first on my mind.

„(Umm... I like her, but... not in a romantic way. In the game I just wanted to make her happy and so... umm...)"

I tried to explain myself.

(But you said, that you would marry her right away. So... if you would meet anyone like her in real life... could you imagine dating her at least?)"

(I would surely love to date her... ahh... but can someone like her really exist?)

„(If I would meet someone like her... I would give her a chance at least... I think.)"

(I see... thanks for the replies. Bye.)"

She turned offline.

(Why did she ask me that?)

The next day I learned in work, that the game Aristocrat will merge with Commoner into one new game. But that decision didn't affect my work. I was still tasked to be testing both games and reporting bugs and my ideas.