Chapter 49: Coming home - Tomoka's side

Luckily it wasn't my car, which got hit... but it was close... too close. Maybe someone, the same as me, already home in their thoughts. Maybe they just wrote the same words: ‚Don't worry... I will be home soon' and they will not. It all stopped at that very moment.

And again... I had those dark thoughts running through my mind... a storm was tearing my brain apart and I was not able to move. I was petrified as everyone else around me. I wanted to run there and help, but my legs turned to stone.

(piipoo-piipoo)

The sound of incoming ambulance brought me back to reality as well as horns of cars behind me.

I finally got away from that terrifying place and stopped at the nearest parking lot.

(I am not able to continue in this state.)

The car has similar auto-lock system as our company or Arisa's old home and so I just left it and walked away.

(I have to call Arisa.)

„Where is my phone?"

(Did I leave it in the car?)

Unfortunately the phone was not the only thing, which I left there. Through its window I could also see the key.

(Ahh... great.)

At least my wallet was in the pocket, where I was expecting it to be. A few payphone boxes still exist on Tokyo streets and so I found one of them and made several calls.

First I called Ando and asked him for a favor. Then I called a taxi to get me home. And the last was to Arisa to not worry about me. I didn't want to lie to her too much again and so I called her the last... just when I learned, that I can come home fast.

A taxi finally brought me home and I could open that last door, which was still separating me from her.

Just at the moment I opened the door, Arisa ran up to me...

Tomokaaaa! Welcome home!"

„I am home."

(Finally.)