Chapter 54: Quest 3

The next day after work and early dinner, we returned back to the game.

(So what are your ideas?)", asked Riana when everyone assembled.

The clues were: human footprints, two gems, one gold coin, one playing card, one wolf tooth, an empty vial of health potion, two dark green hairs and a piece of cloth.

I tried to think about the clues yesterday, just before Tomoka came to bed and I would say, that everything was very clear. I wanted to say... ‚Hey, Tomoka! I know where we need to go next!', or I think, that I knew that. But she suddenly kissed me... and my mind went blank.

Haku, Dori and Maya thought, that the baby got kidnapped by humans and Riana was sure, that it was the Queen and now she is just playing dumb.

It was surely the Queen, Arisa. She and the evil princess... or possessed lady Anne are in league and help each other. Later they will ambush us all and rob."

„Mmm... I think I found different conclusion yesterday... just before you kissed me and then everything disappeared."

So, do you want me to kiss you again to get it back?", Tomoka said and winked at me.

„No."

„Wait... Tomoka! Let me think..."

Tomoka tried to kiss me, but I won the fight.

„Oh! Now I remembered... it had to be done by creatures like goblins. The true clues are those two green hairs and a piece of cloth. Other ones are fake... just placed there to lead us astray."

Mmm... that is a good idea. My girlfriend is very clever."

„Who is it?"

Who? Mmm... I am not sure if you know her."

Tomoka said it in quite serious voice.

(Oh... does she have someone else? Is it why she was missing in work a few days ago?)

Various thoughts kept coming to my mind and in the end I looked at Tomoka in confusion. Just a moment later she gave me a kiss.

Ha! You lowered your guard!"

„Ahh... geez! Stop teasing me, Tomoka!"

Mmm. You are right. We have a lot of work to do, Arisa."

„Yes, boss!"

(Are you there?)

(Hello?)"

Meanwhile others began to be nervous. When I informed them about my theory, the next target was decided: let's find a goblin settlement.

We played the game like people, who don't know the quest at all and the main reason was, that we really didn't know anything except its goal. The quest was mostly Hakuto's idea and he told us just that.

After few hours of searching we found one settlement, but it was destroyed.

(Ahh... let's call it a day.)", announced Riana and we quit the game.

After usual hygiene procedures, we again got to bed and Tomoka gave me a kiss for good night.

„Good night from me too, Tomoka.", I said and returned it.

Then we fell asleep.

The next day was like a copy. In the evening we tried to find any clues in the settlement, but everything failed. And so the last day of work slowly arrived.

„It's Friday!"

Don't be so happy, Arisa. We need to keep testing the game, so weekend will be busy."

„Aaah..."

While driving home from work, Tomoka suddenly stopped at one convenience store.

Supplies are running out fast, we at least need to buy some food."

„Sure."

Tomoka got out of the car and walked toward shop's entrance. I wanted to follow her, but suddenly an unknown man appeared in my way.

Hello. May I give you this discount coupon? Take it... it's for free."

While I was looking at the coupon in my hands, Tomoka called at me...

Arisa, hurry."

„Oh, sure."

I raised my eyes again and looked around, but the man was gone. So I put the coupon into my pocket and followed her.

When we finally got home, I remembered the scene and told Tomoka about it.

„It is a coupon for visiting an Onsen... 50% discount for couples of any sex or 2 friends, valid between September 2 - September 9..."

„Mmm... what about going on a date again... tomorrow?"