Chapter 82: New home - Arisa's side

When we got up in the morning, the doorbell announced a visitor. Tomoka ran downstairs and in next moment arrived with several men.

„Arisa, movers are here! Show them all the heavy boxes and keep your personal items separated, I will load them into our car."

„Eeeh? Why so early?"

I was surprised. It is weird to move everything when we don't have where. Tomoka told me, that I already decided a place, but it is all weird. She seems to know more than she tells me.

The movers entered my room and so I showed them the bigger ones. And moved other items into the kitchen... Tomoka then helped me load them to her car.

When we were already outside, Tomoka returned back and I once more checked whether everything was loaded into the van. Tomoka then called me and we set out.

„Mmm. So, where are we going now?"

„I don't know."

I asked her, but her reaction was unexpected. Tomoka tried to ask the man, but he didn't want to tell us anything.

(How can we move all our belongings to an unknown place?)

Tomoka started up the car and followed the van.

„Tomoka? Where are we going?"

„Why did you say, that I decided it?"

I tried to find it out again and she replied, that it was decided when I chose strawberries. Now I am just as confused as I was before.

(What could that question mean? Both blood and strawberries are red...)

I had many thoughts in my mind, but no answer. All of sudden we entered a tunnel. When we got through a town, our convoy stopped on a small hill.

I got out and became stunned. We appeared in front of an old house, overgrown with various plants. It was similar to houses from horror stories with a witch or ghosts.

„Isn't it haunted?"

It was just a joke, but the man replied...

„Who knows. But what I heard, the previous owner is very glad, that you bought it. It was impossible to sell it for a long time."

„Really?", I said it as an irony.

I am not surprised at all. Who could buy such a ruin, which possibly already belongs to creatures from the other world... and I don't mean aliens.

„Wait! Did you say, that we already bought it?"

(Maybe I heard it wrong.)

„Umm..."

(Tomoka?)

„That is true. I already paid for it."

(Ah... is that why she was so cagey about it?)

„Come inside.", said the man.

First we checked the house on the right side. The first floor looked like a classroom in school. The upper floor more like a storehouse.

(Did Tomoka bought us a school? But why?)

The other side looked more like a place for living, but everything was too small and it lacked any usable equipment. Is this really our new house?

(When we were in the onsen, I said, that all I need is Tomoka... but I didn't mean it so literally.)

For a long time I thought, that Tomoka is just joking. Stopping here might be a prank and we will soon move to our real house. But when those movers unloaded all our belongings here, I woke up.