Chapter 83: New home 2

Tomoka called with Ando and decided to drive back to them. When we got to the other side, they weren't there. Tomoka called them again and shortly after Ando drove out of the tunnel.

„Why did you come from there?", asked him Tomoka.

We were all confused.

„Follow me again."

Tomoka started the car and Ando stayed very close to us. Suddenly we drove into mist and then appeared on the other side of the tunnel.

Tomoka stopped and froze. I was confused too.

„Where are we?", I asked her.

„This is the place we were waiting for you a minute ago. Where did you hide from us here before?", asked us Ando.

Tomoka didn't reply and looked to be deep in thoughts.

„This is not the place we stopped at before."

„Tomoka? How is it possible?"

„Let's go back."

We returned to the other side and tried to go through the tunnel again. But now, it was Ando, who drove first and we followed him.

Ando's car suddenly disappeared in mist, but we still rode ahead. Tomoka stopped on the other side and we could again see the town.

„Arisa?! What is happening here?"

I was as confused as her. It didn't make sense. And that mist... what was that? We didn't encounter it when we drove through the tunnel alone.

A sudden chill ran down my spine.

(Is that tunnel haunted? Maybe Mr. Alien could know something about it. It might be worth to ask him.)

„We can ask Karex, maybe he knows something."

„Mmm. Good idea."

A bit after called Ando again and Tomoka decided to do one more experiment. Even thought it absolutely didn't make sense unless we were in a dream, we let Ando board our car and drove through the tunnel. Soon we got into the mist again and then ended in the forest.

Tomoka looked pale.

After one more try we again ended in the town alone.

„Tomoka, let's return to our house now and relax."

She agreed and called Ando to cancel this expedition.... and we returned home. Arriving to our yard made us stunned again. The house looked different... much better than before. There was even a satellite dish placed on its roof.

I tried to find GPS location once more and it worked now without any problems. It connected to many satellites and we finally found where we are...

„This is weird."

Tomoka was looking at the same image. According to the map, our house seemed to be somewhere in hills behind the tunnel, but no buildings were visible anywhere.

Sudden thought flashed through my mind.

(Since it is related to Karex... are we still on Earth?)

(But why did it find all the satellites?)

(This day is weird. Maybe we just have a dream.)

We decided to explore the house. Everything inside was fixed, as we wanted it to be.

„We might have a dream, let's go sleep."

Tomoka agreed and so we lay down into our new bed... not just futon, but one big real bed in our new bigger bedroom. I woke up a bit later and looked around. The room was still big and we were lying on our bed.

„Tomoka? Is this really our house?"

Tomoka seemed to be thinking about something.

„How much could this cost? We should find new jobs to pay for it. Or did you already paid for it too?"

She looked at me and shook her head.

„No. I am completely broke."

That surprised me.

„So, what we gonna do?"

„I don't know how he fixed it, but we don't have to pay him anything. And about our jobs... mmm... it was somehow already decided... at least partly."

„What do you mean?"

Tomoka whispered it to my ear and I was shocked.