Chapter 7: The day after tomorrow

Staying home and having nothing to do, I tried to play the game again. But the result was the same.

(Who is the developer of such a buggy game?)

I found out, that it was started by a few fans of the genre, but abandoned a year later. Someone from the group then sold it to...

„Eeeh?!"

Akihara Games.

(sigh)

I have to talk with someone competent when I have a chance. But now I should recover fast to be able to return to my job tomorrow.

In the next morning 7:00 I was again back in my work. Just as I sat down to my chair, something unexpected happened.

I am very sorry for the prank. It will not happen again."

The head accountant came to my desk and apologized to me. Head accountant is a man old as my father and so it was just as if my father apologized to me... that never gonna happen. It was quite a weird situation and so I only said...

„It's okay."

Later I learned, that it was a prank or ritual to test all new incomers. To test how they would behave when they have to find something, that doesn't exist. Yeah... there was no error at all.

There was no error and I even failed in realizing it. Just the worst day ever.

Good morning, boss.", said a female voice outside our room.

Morning."

A person appeared at our door.

Arisa!"

„Yes!"

We need more beta testers, so when you get home... install this and try it out."

A woman came to my desk and called at me, using my first name... just as if we were the closest friends. I was in shock... and just after she placed a DVD on my desk, she left.

Now I realized, that she looked familiar... just like lady Anne.

(Am I dreaming again?)

I grabbed my head with both hands as to check if it's not hurt again, but all was fine.

„Ouch!"

I tried to pinch my cheek and realized, that I am awake... so was that woman Tomoka onne-chan? I mean the boss Akihara Tomoka?

It had to be her and I missed my chance to talk with her and finally thank her. And what was she saying? I decided to ask one of my co-workers...

„What was she saying about this?"

It seems, that everyone got the same task. In my free time I can test company games and report back all bugs. But since it would be done in my free time, the company is not paying even single Yen for it.

You don't need to do it."

It is just an optional task... my colleague Sayaka said. But I will try it since I like to play games. And I will find all the bugs and together with the ones from the Commoner game, I will dump them on someone's head!

I was determined to do exactly that and so when I returned home, the first thing I did was putting the DVD inside my PC and turning it on.

The game from the DVD looked just like a classic MMORPG with F2P/P2W system. Or in other words anyone could play it for free, but those who pay would gain some benefits. It was still in testing phase and so only VIP players had access to it. As I learned later, VIP players were all employees of the company and a few others, who paid for the privilege to play it now.