Chapter 17: Part-time job

The new day started as usual. I started my work at the economics department, but later moved to the second floor.

„Hello."

I greeted them, but everyone was focused on their work and didn't react. So I just sat at the chair and waited.

Ah... hello. When did you arrive?"

It was Akiyama-san, who first noticed, that another person appeared in the room.

„Just a minute ago."

Okay..."

What is the Android version of your phone?"

„8 something I think. Why?"

Can I borrow it for a while?"

„Mmm... sure."

I said and handed him unlocked phone. He returned it a minute later.

I installed you our messenger app AKIME and added you to the group. Now you can chat with anyone from the team."

„Ahh... okay."

(ding)

Even before I put my phone on the desk, a notification appeared in it.

The messenger app looked like many others and so I learned how to use it pretty fast.

The message arrived from Akihara Tomoka.

(Eeeh? From the boss?)

(Hello and welcome to the team.)"

„(Thanks.)"

(How do you like your work?)"

„(It is interesting. I like it.)"

(Good to hear that.)"

„(Mmm.)"

(I will now let Hakuto to explain things to you. Bye.)"

„(Bye.)"

It was my first time talking with the boss, but it felt like talking to my friend. It was quite weird.

(dong)

My thoughts were interrupted by similar sound as before, but now it was Hakuto-san's phone, which got a message. He read it and turned to me...

Let me now explain your job... you will be testing this Aristocrat game as you did at home and then directly report all the bugs and your ideas to the boss. The address is the same, just instead reports you will write bigboss. Okay?"

„Mmm."

And so I continued rewriting dialogs for the sake of lady Anne's happiness. But this time I will get paid for it.

It seemed to me, that the work ended faster today then usually and I returned home. Before leaving, Hakuto... I mean Akiyama-san informed me, that I should return to the Kingdom game and leave Aristocrat only for work. And so I switched the laptop on and got back to my combat maid character.

(Hello.)"

I was immediately greeted by Riana.

(Is she just staying here all the time and waiting for me?)

„(Hello.)"

(What do you want to do today?)"

„(I thought about some training.)"

(Okay... let's go. ^^)"

(What is with that ^^ ? Is she so happy to see me?)

„(Umm... did you miss me?)"

I asked. But there was no response for several seconds.

(Yes. Others are quite boring here and take it too seriously... and so I am glad, that you want to talk with me.)"

(So not only the demon lord, but she is lonely as well.)

We decided to train in mountains today, but before we arrived to the top, I tripped and fell into some ravine.

(Kathy... look, do you like the scenery here?)"

That was the last message in the local chat window from her. No friends system was developed yet and so we could talk just like that. But since I left the area, I was not able to hear her anymore.

(You are dead... please wait: 09:59)"

A message appeared on my screen. My character in the game just died and I need to wait for it to be revived. When the time count ran to zero, I appeared in a familiar room.

„(Hello. Long time no...)"

I appeared back in the demon lord's castle and wanted to greet him, but before I was able to send the message, he kicked me out... or used some spell and sent me back to the mountain.

(Kathy! Where are you?!)"

Riana was calling me.

„(I am here.)"

(Good to see you again. What happened?)"

„(It seems, that I tripped, died and appeared in the demon lord's castle... but he returned me back here before I was able to react.)"

(I wonder why he sent me back so fast? I didn't see any goblins around him.

How did he know this location?

He is the demon lord and Hakuto-san, so it is a piece a cake for him I guess.)

Various thoughts were going through my mind. But then I got interrupted by Riana, who slightly hit my shoulder.

(Defend yourself!)"

Our training just started.