Chapter 55: Tomoka's side 11

(ding, dong)

(Ah, no... I forgot this!)

Before I was able to react, Arisa ran away.

(Hopefully there is someone, who she didn't meet yet.)

A driver named... Takahashi Shinobu is waiting there."

„Ah... I see... sure. Let's change and go then."

(Mmm... so it's Shinoda. I was rather hoping for someone like Tsukasa... but whatever... my plans are ruined anyway.)

We both changed to work clothes and got downstairs, where Shinoda was already waiting with the car. It looked like standard japanase taxi, but without the label.

Good morning... name... Shinoda... ehm... bu..."

(It is obvious, that he is connected with Ando or someone, but... he is hopeless.)

„Just open the door and let's go."

Yes! Onee... ehm..."

(Ando! Why?!)

I wasn't patient enough and just opened the door myself and Arisa got in first.

When Shinoda stopped bowing, we finally set out.

„What about my car? Is it already repaired?"

Ah... sure, no problem."

„Can I have it back today?"

Yeah... as Ando..."

„Takahashi... -san!", I whispered to his left ear.

Yes... as we assumed,... it was nothing serious... So we... will... surely... return it... today."

„Fine. Thanks."

Arisa was silent for the whole ride. Maybe she was just shy or submerged into her thoughts about lady Anne and dragons. A bit later we arrived and got to the second floor of our company. First I was greeted by the secretary Yoshida-san and then also by everyone in the development team.

Kenzo and others had a lot of free time to watch my and Arisa's arrival, so I decided to assign them more tasks. Arisa sat down to her chair and I summoned Hakuto into my office.

„Sit down here... and give me the report about current tasks. What parts the team is working on, a list of known bugs, any ideas, stats, graphs, profit predictions..."

Hakuto was clearly in shock.

„Ahh... no, sorry. Forget everything after those ideas... that is my work."

For the next half an hour I was listening to Hakuto's report.

„I see..."

„What about adding more areas?"

What areas?"

„We now have just the human continent, the demon continent and that one area - with extremely strong monsters - in south and kinda between them. So we could add one or two more. One world with dragons and one with demihumans."

(Arisa would be surely happy. It was one of her ideas too.)

What kinds of demihumans?"

„All of them! Elves, dwarfs, people resembling cats, dogs, sheep, etc..."

That would be insane work."

„No problem. The team will surely manage to do it, more or less."

„And we also need more testers. So in your free time form a team and focus on testing of these new areas."

I am not sure if I can join it... I have a lot of work on the old games too."

„Then Kenzo can be the leader. Since he has enough time to watch the street, one or two extra tasks will certainly not cause him any problems."

Oh... okay. I will tell him later, that he just volunteered."

„Mmm."

„Now let's discuss that quest..."

I tried to persuade Hakuto to give us any advices, but he was adamant. My part of work was related to one secret area, that I prepared as a surprise for Arisa, but it was then attached to an unknown location without my consent and so now I don't know how to get there.

Oh... time flies like an arrow! ... And dragon flies like flies."

Said Hakuto suddenly.

(A dragon flies more like an eagle, doesn't it?)

(Maybe I am too tired from looking only at Hakuto all this time.)

„Sure."

„Do you have any questions?"

No."

„Then you may leave. I still have some other work here."

Okay."

Hakuto left and I opened a photo of Arisa on my screen and kept watching it to clear Hakuto's face away from my mind.

(bzz, bzz)

(Did I fall asleep?)

An alarm app just woke me up. The time to go home arrived. Finally.

„Arisa! Come, I will take you home."

I shouted at her while still acting like we just met today by accident. Arisa followed me downstairs and we met the known driver.

Good afternoon, Akihara-sama... Nakano-sama."

(It looks like Ando knocked some sense into him.)

He took us back home and stopped just next to my car.

„Oh, my car is already here. Good job."

„Now you are done. Thanks for the service, Takahashi-kun."

Sure. Anything for Onee-chan!"

„Onne..."

(But Shinoda is still Shinoda.)

„Let's go home."

Sure, Onee-chan!"

(And Arisa too... she knows how to cheer me up...)

Even though it was nothing laughable, I suddenly burst out laughing.