Chapter 34: First date, part 2

(16:45, I need to hurry... Tomoka will be here soon.)

I put on the last piece of clothes and prepared to leave.

(ding, dong)

Tomoka just arrived. I quickly ran downstairs and wanted to greet her.

„Tomo..."

I looked at her and she completely stunned me. It was not Tomoka, who was standing there, but lady Anne...

„Tomoka? Why?"

I just suddenly became shy and didn't want anyone to find out who I am."

She said and made the cutest face I ever saw.

Can you forgive me?"

(No! Why does she suddenly have to act like this? Looking at me with puppy eyes while wearing this beautiful yukata and looking like lady Anne?)

Extreme heat engulfed my whole body and I was unable to speak. But then she asked...

And you Arisa... why do you look like this? What is with that hood?"

„The same reason.", I told her while looking to the ground.

We both then burst out laughing.

Let's go."

I boarded her car and we set out.

„Where are we going?"

It's a surprise."

We rode for a while and then she suddenly stopped and parked the car.

Let's go."

One of those small alleys with many shops all along appeared before our eyes.

Arisa, look! Isn't it cute?"

And here... what do you think about this?"

Arisa! Come and try this hat."

Mmm... I knew it... it looks good on you."

Arisa, here!"

Tomoka was jumping from one stall to the other and showing me everything she found. I was just overwhelmed of the place and looked at all sides. People were passing by and no one cared who we are and why we are here... They were just enjoying the warm late evening as well as both of us.

I suddenly stopped and kept looking at a stall with cloth flowers.

Tomoka came to me and asked whether I like anything from it. I pointed at one pair of flowers and said...

„This one."

Okay. I will buy it for you."

„No. I... want to buy it for you.", I said that in low shy voice.

Tomoka was stunned and even more when I fixed the flowers into her hair.

„It looks good on you."

Thanks."

She replied me and I noticed small tears coming to her eyes.

As we were walking through the alley, she suddenly stopped too and turned back.

„What happened?"

She didn't reply and just looked into the distance. Her eyes were cold.

„Tomoka?"

It's alright, let's continue."

While saying that, she slightly smiled at me again, but then turned cold once more. I wonder what she saw. After a few minutes of walking, she suddenly turned to side and entered one of the houses.

Come inside."

„Mmm."

I followed her. The place was a restaurant, but completely empty.

I reserved the whole place just for us."

Maybe she noticed my questioning look or just assumed what I wanted to ask, but she replied before I opened mouth.

Order anything you want."

She smiled at me, but her voice was still slightly cold.

„Tomoka, did anything happen?"

No. Why?"

„You look frightened."

Really? Oh... sorry. I just remembered something unpleasant. Don't worry about it. It is alright now."

„I see. But if you need to talk about it, I am here."

Sure. Thanks."

She seemed to be worried about something, but then smiled at me again and we ordered food. Tomoka then took me home and I fell into bed with a pleasant look on my face.

(Maybe having a girlfriend is not a bad idea.)