Chapter 16: whipping the Whiplash

So now we're going to see the Expo?" Tony asked.

"Yes." Benjamin nodded.

"Man that was embarrassing." Rhodes said.

"At least Hammer was caught." Pepper said.

"Yeah. I liked twisting his arm." Natasha said.

"It was satisfying to see." Pepper agreed, "I wonder what happened to him."

"You know Luke Cage used to be Carl Lucas, right?" Logan asked and they nodded.

"When he was at Seagate, he heard rumors of a millionaire there." Professor Hulk said.

"His imprisonment there was kept a secret from all the other inmates." Xavier said.

"Well, he isn't coming out I guess." Tony sighed in relief.

"No." Odinson agreed.

At the Expo, Happy stopped the car as Natasha and Pepper walked out and into the Expo where Hammer was dancing on the stage. The two women exchanged amused looks.

"What is wrong with this guy?" Tony said.

"He is arrogant and stupid." Natasha said.

"Though he is more amusing than Cross and Stane." Hope said.

"Yeah, he can give us some laughs at least." Rhodes agreed.

"Like he is giving right now." Sam said.

"His arrogance would be his downfall." Steve said.

"Right you are, Captain." T'Challa agreed.

Hammer then gave a speech saying how their brave men and women had been suffering in war and criticized Tony for keeping the Iron Man technology out of reach before saying he had made Hammer Drones as the new face of the US military. And then several drones appeared on the stage on raised platforms- the army, the navy, the air force and the marines. Everyone applauded as Natasha looked emotionlessly while Pepper looked a bit shocked.

"Taking credit for his friend's work." Tony said.

"Ex friend." Wanda corrected.

"Eh, that's all he can do." Clint said.

Hammer then said that in spite of the revolutionary technology, a man needed to be present at war and welcomed Rhodes as Pepper was shocked. Ivan, on the other hand, was typing into the drones.

"What is he doing?" Scott asked.

"He is trying to control the drones." Aunt May said as everyone looked at her in shock.

"I was there too." She said, shocking everyone again, "Along with Peter and my husband."

"Wow!" Pepper muttered.

"That's quite a coincidence." Fury said.

"Yeah, I remember being there." Peter said as he exchanged a look with Benjamin.