Chapter 33: Harley keener

So I'm guessing Mandarin took credit for that too." Scott said.

"He did." Tony said.

The Mandarin interrupted another broadcast, saying how fortune cookies looked and sounded Chinese but were actually an American invention so they were hollow and full of lies and left a bad taste in the mouth.

"That is incorrect info." Sam said, "They were made by a Chinese immigrant."

"David Jung." Tony supplied and everyone nodded.

Mandarin said his disciples had destroyed the Chinse Theatre and that this season of terror was drawing to a close but the big one was coming- The President's graduation.

"I know he is a faker and all that, but that imagery is still some disturbing shit." Jessica said.

"Considering where he is getting his funding from, not a surprise." Frank told her.

Happy, now in a coma, lay in the hospital wing as a female doctor set everything up. Tony was there and asked her to leave the TV on as Downtown Abbey was playing and it was his favorite show as he thought it elegant. She agreed.

"He even woke up to that show." Pepper remembered.

"Yup. I knew he would." Tony said.

He also told her that Happy wanted everyone to wear their badges so to make sure everyone did as his men wouldn't let anyone in without them anyway.

No one commented as they were all engrossed by the scene going on before their eyes. One of the rare cases of Tony showing empathy like that.

Outside, several reporters stood, waiting for Tony Stark to hear his reaction to the latest attack.

"Why do they always clamor up like that?" Luke wondered.

"It's their job." Matt said simply as he had more empathy for them than others due to Karen being a reporter.

As Tony walked out, all of them started asking him questions. As Tony walked to his car, a male reporter asked when someone was going to kill the guy.

"Shouldn't have asked that." Rhodes said.

Tony turned to them and said, "Is that what you want? Here's a little holiday greeting I've been wanting to send to the Mandarin. I just didn't know how to phrase it until now. My name is Tony Stark and I'm not afraid of you. I know you're a coward. So I've decided that you just died, pal. I'm gonna come get the body. There's no politics here. It's just good old-fashioned revenge. There's no Pentagon, it's just you and me. And on the off chance you're a man, here's my home address. 10880 Malibu Point. I'll leave the door unlocked." He then asked the reporter, "That's what you wanted, right?" He took the man's phone and threw it at a wall, breaking it as the other reporters gasped. "Bill me." He said before sitting in his car as it was driven off.

"Okay, I want to know one thing." Natasha said, "Are you really brave, or really stupid, or both?"

"Both." Pepper said.

"You just gave your home address to a terrorist." Aunt May said.

"I know why you did that." Steve said, "You were in a highly emotional state. But what if Aldrich had actually decided to take up your offer."