Chapter 51: Daddy dearest

So this time, we'll see Quill's dad?" Tony asked.

"Yeah." Benjamin said.

"Really good actor, that bastard." Logan said.

"So Quill might be powerful too then." Steve realized.

"Aye. He was." Odinson said.

And then Logan started the recording.

In Missouri, Earth in 1980, a man and a woman drove in a 1979 Ford Mustang Cobra. 'Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)' was playing as the woman sang along to it and the man also swayed his head to the tune.

"Meredith." Steve realized.

"And that is daddy dearest?" Natasha asked.

"Yup." Logan said.

The man kissed her forehead and they stopped near 'Dairy Queen.' He led her to the woods behind and showed her some kind of seedling that glowed blue. She said it was beautiful and he said he was afraid it wouldn't root to the soil but it rooted quickly and soon it would be everywhere in the universe. She giggled and said she didn't know what he was talking about but she liked the way he said it. He said his heart was hers and she put her arms around him and said she couldn't believe she fell in love with a spaceman. The two kissed passionately as the seedling grew a little and energy was shown flowing inside it.

"Celestial energy huh." Tony said.

"So he planned to do something with that on here?" Clint asked.

"He did. You will see later." Odinson told him.

"He appears to have infatuated Quill's mother." Thor said.

"It's what he did best, bub." Logan said.

"Yes, looks like it. Because all Celestials are cold and uncaring at the end of the day." Loki said, "And very powerful."

"I don't want any of them to look this way." Fury commented.

34 years later, a world called 'The Sovereign' was shown along with its coordinates. On it stood Quill, Gamora, Rocket, Baby Groot and Drax. Several yellow energy spheres were around.

"What are those spheres?" A curious Tony asked.

"Anulax Batteries. They power the entire planet." Benjamin revealed.

"Damn! These aliens have some advanced stuff!" Tony said.

"Looks like someone wants something." Pepper joked and everyone chuckled.

Quill said it was showtime and saw Gamora preparing some kind of cannon. He said he thought swords were her thing and she said they had been hired to stop an interdimensional beast from feeding on those batteries so a sword wasn't something to stop it.

"That is a very good point." Scott said.

"Must be a hell of a beast." Hope said.

Quill commented how swords were her thing and guns were his but now both of them used guns. Gamora asked Drax why he wasn't wearing one of Rocket's aero-rigs and he said it hurt, shocking them all. He said he had sensitive nipples and Rocket burst out into hysterical laughter.