Chapter 54: The true colors revealed

I'm guessing they're going to try to save Quill and the others from Ego." Steve said.

"Yeah, Yondu knows what he is capable of." Odinson said.

On Ego's planet, Quill looked at all the gardens and said he would probably own this someday while Gamora tried contacting Rocket but got no response. Quill then suddenly put his arms around her.

"Dude, if you have to flirt, at least make it subtle." Tony said as he shook his head.

"Even Steve flirts better than that." Natasha said and everyone laughed while Steve shot her a mock glare, "Much, much better."

"Anyone can do better than that." Bucky said.

Gamora asked what he was doing and Quill asked her to dance with him. She said she wasn't going to dance with him as 'Bring It On Home To Me' started playing and he said Sam Cooke was one of the greatest Earth singers of all time.

"Even though he is not the brightest, he has great taste in music." Sam said and nods followed.

With that, they started slow dancing to the music and Gamora eventually became more comfortable.

"I think something is happening." Pepper said and chuckles followed.

Quill told her Drax had said she wasn't a dancer and she said if he told anyone about this, she would kill him.

"Don't doubt her." Aunt May said and more chuckles followed.

As the dancing continued, Quill asked her when they were going to do something about the unspoken thing between them.

Hill facepalmed, "And now he just blew it."

"Guy doesn't have any patience." Fury agreed.

Quill compared them to a guy and a girl on a TV show who dig each other but never say anything because the ratings would drop.

"Yeah and now her rating of you is going down like this." Scott said and snapped his fingers while everyone chuckled.

"He really doesn't know how to proposition women." Logan said and everyone chuckled more.

Gamora said there was no unspoken thing and Quill said if she said it, it would be spoken and she would be a liar by saying it so by not saying it, she was telling the truth and admitting there is.

"That doesn't even make sense!" Hope said.

"At this point, he is begging her to slice his throat." Clint said.

Gamora said this wasn't what they should be discussing because something about this place didn't feel right. Quill reminded her she had asked him to come here and she said Mantis was afraid of something. Quill asked why she was trying to take this away from him. Ego was his father and his blood. Gamora reminded him he had blood on Terra and never wanted to return there.

"Ego really did a number on him." Bruce said.

"I'm sure he could do that to a lot of people." Loki said.

"No kidding." Thor agreed.

Quill reminded her she had made him come here and Terra was the place his mother had died in front of him. Gamora said Terra was real and this place was a fantasy. Quill told her this was real and he was only half-human. Gamora said that was the half she was worried about. Quill said she was jealous because he was part-god and she liked when he was the weak one. She said he was insufferable to begin with and she wasn't able to contact Rocket so she would go outside to get a signal.