Chapter 26: Threat from another World

The Avengers?" Peter asked excitedly, "As in their first ever team-up?"

"Yes. That is exactly what we're going to see now." Daisy said as Peter looked happy.

"Well, that ought to be something." Tony said.

"Yup." Steve said.

"Is it too late to be sent back in time?" Loki asked.

"Yes." Logan said and he sighed.

"Don't worry." Benjamin said, "Just keep calm and don't kill Loki."

Everyone chuckled a bit at that.

"I think you won't now would you?" Storm asked.

"After seeing his regret, I don't think so." Steve said.

"Though I might call you a jerk at times." Natasha said.

"I think he can understand." Thor shrugged as Loki sighed.

"Well, let's start." Odinson said.

"Yeah." Bobbi agreed.

"With pleasure." Benjamin said as he started the new recording.

New York City is shown and inside it, people are recovering from the carnage that has just happened. The police officers and firefighters help the injured civilians as Steve is shown watching, with his shield in hand and no mask while Hill is heard saying to someone that they want to know what went wrong.

"We begin right here?" Natasha asked in shock.

"It will flash back after this." Benjamin said and everyone nodded.

Maria Hill is shown in a SHIELD Interrogation room 48 hours after the Teserract event as she tells the World Security Council how it could have gone better. One of the members mentions Nick Fury and she scoffs, saying in the time of war, he thinks of superheroes.

"It's me!" Hill smiled as everyone clapped a little for her.

"So you hate me?" Fury asked with a smirk.

"No. Just need to show them something." Hill said.

"You're definitely in line to be the next Director." Clint said and everyone chuckled.

Gideon Malick realized she was talking about the Avengers and she said with them together, this was expected as Hulk was suddenly shown roaring.

Everyone jumped at that.

"Okay, why did you do that?" Bruce asked.

"It was funny." Logan shrugged.

"You hate us too?" Tony asked jokingly.

"Performance, Stark." Hill said.

Gideon and Hawley mentioned how several aspects of the Incident are beyond everyone's grasp and inquired about the creatures as Hill told them what Fury had said to her, "In the time of Gods and Monsters, what is the worth of a man?" Thor was shown standing in New York as blood dripped from Mjolnir.