Chapter 27: Heroes coming together

The Council didn't approve of the response team, did it?" Tony asked with a smirk.

"Nope." Fury said, "But it given it was stupid ass decision they made, I elected to ignore it."

"Don't blame you." Hill said.

Coulson and Rogers were sitting in the Quinjet as the latter read about Dr. Bruce Banner who was trying to replicate the Serum used on him. Coulson said a lot of people were as he was the world's first superhero.

"The First Avenger." Natasha smirked as Steve sighed.

"Look at Coulson, he is such a fanboy in this." Daisy said as everyone chuckled.

"Just as much as you're a fangirl." Bobbi said and Daisy looked embarrassed.

"I am not a fangirl!" She said.

"You are." Benjamin said.

"You were an Iron Man fanboy." Daisy said and he looked away.

"Well, always an honor to meet fans." Steve shrugged.

"Didn't really go my way." Banner said about his attempts to replicate the Serum.

Coulson said that Banner was like a Stephen Hawking. Steve looked confused and Coulson said he was like a smart guy.

"I think you would understand Albert Einstein better as a reference point." Tony said.

"Yes." Steve agreed, "Or Howard."

"Yeah, him too." Tony said.

Coulson said it was an honor to meet him and he had watched while he was asleep. Steve looked confused and he said he was present when Steve was unconscious and it was a huge honor to have him on board.

"Can't believe the guy actually sounds like a fanboy." Logan said.

"Yes, not even I can believe that." Daisy said as her and Bobbi looked at him on the screen, seeing how different he seemed from the Coulson they had come to know.

"Should have signed the cards." Steve sighed guiltily.

"Maybe you can some other time." Bucky said.

"Yeah, and drop them at his grave." Steve agreed.

Daisy and Bobbi both had pained looks on their faces on hearing that but no one noticed.

Steve said he hoped he was the man for the job and Coulson said he was and that they had made some modifications to the uniform with some input from him. Steve asked if the stars and stripes were a little old-fashioned and Coulson said with everything happening, they might need a little old-fashioned.

"We always do need old-fashioned in times like these." Storm said.

"Yes. That is probably how the universe keeps going." Odinson sighed.

"For a fanboy, his input for the suit did nothing for your ass." Tony and Steve looked embarrassed.

"What?" He asked.