CHAPTER 26

One morning later at FairyTail Guild

Everyone assembled in the hall for Chrome's departure while eating breakfast. Chrome was sitting on a table with Sting eating some dish made by Mirajane. Lucy, Natsu, Mystogan and Erza sat with them too. 

"I wonder learning dragon-slaying magic is fun.", said Chrome.

Natsu cackled and slammed his fist on the table. "If you're done fight me Chrome!"

"It's pretty obvious that she will beat your ass twice as painful as before.", Sting commented and wraps his arm around Chrome.

"Don't look down on me Sting!", Natsu shouted.

"Ara ara, Natsu keep it down.", Lucy taps Natsu's back trying to calm him down.

Few minutes later, a portal appeared in the hall. They expected it to be Acnologia but it wasn't him. It was Vatras alone. 

They all tilted their heads, confused of why he appeared. Vatras walks to Chrome's table and stood there. "Chrome."

"Va-Vatras-sama! Milord, what are you doing here alone?", Chrome got up her sit and bowed. 

Vatras' eyes searched for something in the hall but shook his head, not seeing what he was looking for. "I've heard. From Skiadrum."

Chrome tilts her head. "What? You and dad talked?"

"Surprisingly yes.", he said. "But my relationship with him doesn't matter. I've heard Acnologia's taking you."

She nodded still confused. "Yes milord. I'm training to obtain more power to protect what's important to me.", she smiled gently.

Her smile shook him as it reminds him of his love, Hellrios, her mother. He smiles back and caught a glimpse of the locket he gave her around her neck. "Acnologia and I. Used to fight against each other from war after war ages ago."

Natsu screeched. "What!? You and Acnologia!?!?!?"

Natsu's loudness made Vatras give him a cold glare. Since he was royalty, he never met someone this loud. "Indeed. We fought against the dragons together too. Against your father."

"What!? That means you're my father's enemy!", screamed Natsu, slowly lighting up his fist.

"Leaving that aside, Demons and Dragons never got along. If you were paying attention at the resort, when Chrome's father and Vatras confronted each other, they didn't seem to look so happy.", Mystogan looks at Vatras and both of them stared at each other.

Vatras' expression didn't change from his blunt personality but smirks at Mystogan's observation. "You're almost right. But the relationship between me and Skiadrum are in different circumstances."

The topic caught Chrome's attention and Sting's but both of them kept quiet.

"Apparently, I'm the reason why Skiadrum and Chrome's mother got seperated. Or so, that's what Skiadrum thinks."

Lucy, Erza and Natsu widened their eyes. "You.....", Erza looked down with her bangs covering her eyes. "You're the reason why she was like THAT!?", Erza stood from her sit and was prepared to swing her fist but Lucy and Natsu grabbed her both arms. "Do you know how many years she's been suffering!?!?!?!?"

Chrome bit her lip and looked down. The topic was new to Sting so he listened.

"Are you also the reason why her mother died!?!?!?!?!??", screamed Erza, silencing the whole guild.

Erza's lecture didn't make Vatras switch his cold demeanor. "I have to admit that it was my fault.", he said sounding in pain.

Sting and Mystogan grinded their teeth and was prepared to go all out but Chrome stands up, making them stop on their heels. "Don't you dare accuse Lord Vatras, Erza. He wasn't at fault. It was mine! So stop accusing Lord Vatras! He's been taking care if me after my mother's death. And you Lord Vatras!", she points her finger at Vatras. "Don't you dare take the blame when it was mine! She protected me. From those people who misunderstood her! ", her eyes began to water. "It was mine! I KILLED HER!!!!!!", a black aura furiously spreads out of her and the others jumped back including Sting.