CHAPTER 50

My heart, take rest now.

(Play the song!!! Oh if you want, look up the english lyric for it and you'll understand why i have it on this chapter xD)

Chrome leans her head on the bark of a tree nearby while watching the view of her guild's hometown lighten up, and glitter in the night. She slowly walks on the edge of the cliff and let the wind run through her hair and through her legs. 

"Mhm.... Mhm... Mhmm....", she hummed a slow and sweet melody softly between her lips. "Living there wouldn't be so bad. I don't need him close to me.", she smiles and closes her eyes, just feeling the wind in silence.

My wish will never be granted. 

Chrome chuckles out of nowhere and then sighs. "What am I doing? Being a downer sucks. Haha. It wouldn't be right if I act selfishly like this. Mira and Minerva would be mad."

"No she won't. Everybody has the right to be sad for once.", said Zeref, appearing next to her and wraps her waist from behind. "Vatras-kun would have said the same thing you know."

"Are you happy, watching me miserable?", she tries to spread her arms to get away from Zeref but he was too strong. "Let go Zeref..."

Zeref's eyes turned into it's burgundy shade and tightens his grip around Chrome. "We're one person. We are meant to be together Chrome.", his voice turned husky as it softly caresses her ear.

"Let me go goddammit Zeref!", Chrome's eyes glowed and Zeref gets zapped by her red lightning. She pushes him away with tears in her eyes flowing down and turns her back around. "LEAVE... ME... ALONE FOR FUCK SAKES!"

"C-Chrome, I'm s-sorry. I d-didn't mean to-----", Zeref reaches out for her but he flinches back as she yells at him again.

"LEAVE! For fucking sakes Zeref, with you acting like this, how in the hell do you not think about first master Mavis' feelings!", Chrome growls and her eyes turned into a reptilian shape as she does so.

Zeref frowns and shakes his head. "No Chrome. Mavis has nothing to do with this."

"YOU DISGUST ME ZEREF!  How could you! You're no better than.....", she pauses and realizes that her and Zeref were the same. They both love the person who is not destined to be their's. "Me... Just please... Leave.", she said softly.

With that, Zeref saddened even more and closes his eyes as he nods and then disappears into thin air.

Chrome looks down on the cliff and let herself go into a deep thought.

Somewhere, in the dark forest-like area, Sting pants the cold air and turns his head left to right as he runs. He shoves tree branches away from his face and finally, the smell of a certain someone tickled his nose. He runs and runs, slapping and punching more tree branches on his way and as soon as he saw Chrome on the edge of the cliff, he tackles her down and pins her on the ground. 

"YOU IDIOT! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO!? ENDING YOUR LIFE ISN'T GONNA DO ANYTHING!", he shouts on her face and pants.

Chrome flicks her head backwards and opens her mouth in confusion. "Haaaa? What are you talking about?! Get off me you idiot!", she pushes Sting off of her and stands up, panting dirt off of her.

"Wait, so you're not gonna jump?", said Sting while looking up at her then gives her his late reaction. "And OWWWW!"

"What do you want S---- Blondie?", Chrome turns around to hide her blushing face and her frustration of the fact that she's alone with Sting. Not that her alone time with him in her bedroom was different but still.