CHAPTER 44

(I recommend listening to the music while reading this lol)

Chrome's POV

I had doubts. I just met this woman. 

Why would I trust her? Should I?

Mystogan suddenly puts himself in front of me to protect me and growled at her. His face was solemn. I rarely get to see his face like that. It's been years since I saw that expression. "You're not getting anything out of her you witch!", he protested. 

"Mystogan...", I whimpered. I don't know if this woman is telling the truth or not, but if it's for Sting, I am willing to do anything to bring him back to life. To be with me.", I shoved Mystogan aside and stood in front of the woman, face to face. "What is it that you want? I'm listening.", I said.

"You can't be serious Chrome! She just appeared out of nowhere offering you something and you're going to trust her that easily?", I heard Natsu protested too.

Looking down, I closed my eyes thinking. I wasn't sure what I had to do. But anything to bring back Sting, I will do anything! A hand on my shoulder pat me and when I looked back to see who it was, it was my father  and Acnologia on the other side.

Acnologia stares at me with a serious expression on his face and looks back to the woman. "I don't like you Ashetera. But why are you willing to help her?", he said with a face that I had never seen before.

"You don't know?", I heard the woman say. 

I watch the woman take off her hat and veil and my eyes went wide as I recognize her face. "Mother?!"

Everyone gasped and dropped their jaws to the ground. The pretty woman in red here, looked alot like Chrome's mother. I turned to my brother and he was speechless. And then I turned to my father, his face lit up in surprise.

"Wrong. I may have her face but she's still the same. Dead.", Ashetera retorted. "How do you think you managed to get away from all of those disgusting humans and demons trying to kill you when you were young after your Hellrios died? After she got drowned hm?"

I shook my head and now that I think about it, her words kind of make sense. 

How did I?

I didn't bother to say anything so I just kept my head down. 

"Don't you feel anything at all? When you look at me?", asked the woman.

I shook my head.

"Well, Vatras could have told you. But I don't know why he hasn't. Yet."

Nobody's POV

 "Since you know, me and Acnologia are acquainted. And I know he is not  fond of me.", the woman giggled. "I suppose you haven't noticed it too Acnologia?"

All eyes turned their attention to Acnologia, looking down. He winces his eyes to take a closer look at the woman then shoots them open. "You look somewhat like the brat.", he said.

"That's because......", the woman paused. She looks down and closes her eyes, sighing. "You know what? It wouldn't matter now.", Ashetera turns to Chrome and extends her hand. "Little girl, I will save him. But with a price."

"I heard you the second time.", Chrome retorted and turns to Ashetera, with a serious expression on her face.

"Are you ready then?", said the woman and extends her hand to Chrome.

Chrome looks down, back to her friends, her father, and then back to Ashetera. "Yes.", she takes the hand of the woman and Ashetera started to sing. Both closing their eyes.