CHAPTER 34

Few days later

It was late in the morning. Chrome and Sting were still in bed at Chrome's apartment. After that incident with Zeref, the two of them didn't leave other's side. The two of them were in silence. Chrome was engulfed in Sting's arms silently staring at blank space same with Sting while twirling her hair with his fingers.

Chrome closes her eyes them lets out a big sigh.

"What's wrong Chrome?", asked Sting.

She sits up and stretches her back then yawns. "I wanna go for a walk. Don't you have guild master work back at Sabertooth?"

"I do but I rather get a scolding from Minerva than not spend time with you.", he smiled gently. He sits up to and straightens Chrome's shirt that was folding up showing her belly.

"Sting, you know sooner or later, I will be the one scolding you for not working.", she pouted. She gathers her hair to the top of her head and ties it with a band making a ponytail. "Wanna come with me then?"

Sting grunts and lies on his face on the pillow. "Nghhh. Do I have to?"

"Unless you wanna be here alone doing nothing then sure.", said Chrome flatly. She gets out of the bed and went to her wardrobe to grab a pair of black shorts and a white sleeveless top.

"Fine.", Sting pouted and got off of bed with his gray pants on. He walked towards a chair where his furry vest was hanging and puts it on.

Chrome yawns again and rubs her eyes then bends down to search for a pair of footwear in her wardrobe. Few seconds later she takes out a pair of black sandals then puts it on. "Wanna get breakfast downstairs or---?"

"I'll treat you out.", said Sting then went inside the bathroom to fix his hair and drank some water.

Chrome nods then a picture frame caught her attention. The picture of Sting and her during the wedding event from the GMGs sitting on top of her dresser. She wonders why that picture always gets her attention. Yes, she is excited for their own real wedding but that wasn't it. She slowly walked towards her dresser and takes the picture.

"Hmmm.......", she hummed and studies the picture for a couple of minutes then as she puts it down, a sharp pain stabbed her in the head. "Nghh.....", she held her head tight then a vision of something appeared in her head.

There was a woman talking to her, another her. Chrome was looking at herself kneeling on an empty white space confronting with an unknown woman who was wearing a red dress. Chrome leans in to get a better look but she comes back to reality with Sting calling for her and patting her shoulder.

"Hey, you alright?", asked Sting with a worry face.

She pants then shows him a smile. "I'm fine. I was just really hungry.", she giggled awkwardly.

"Haha, lets go then. We don't want you passing out from hunger do we?", Sting grabs her hand and pulled her to the door.

"Ha. Right.", she rolled her eyes while grinning.

As they walked downstairs to the living room, at the kitchen, there was Lucy and Natsu having breakfast. "Oh hey Chrome! Sting!", Lucy greeted.

"Hey Lucy/Lucy-san, Natsu-san.", greeted the couple.

Natsu was about to greet them too but Lucy stops him because his mouth was full. "So, what you guys up to?", asked Lucy.

Chrome crosses her arms and slowly walked to the exit door. "We're heading out for breakfast. Or lunch.", she giggled.

"Yep.", Sting follows Chrome and swings his arm around her shoulder. "So peace out Natsu-san and Lucy-san!", before Chrome could say her goodbyes, Sting pulls her away to the outside the door laughing.