CHAPTER 37

They took her back to her house. FairyTail members, Sabertooth members and other friends from other guilds surrounded the apartment. Guarding. Inside, the girls Mirajane, Erza, Lucy, Juvia, Minerva, Levi and Wendy helped each other to clean up Chrome. Outside the room,w ere the guys including the master of FairyTail. Sting paced back and fort, frustrated and combing his hair to the back. Rogue is comforted by Yukino while sitting on the couch. The rest, Natsu, Gray, Gajeel, Rufus and Makarov stayed in silence grinding their teeth. Mystogan and Jellal had a little conversation about the problem they are having right now and what to do if the outcome of the future will be the same as their futures told them. After a few minutes of waiting, the door opened and there, Mirajane stood smiling softly. So soft that it was very comforting and they worried less about what's going on right now.

"She's done.", said Mirajane.

Without hesitation, Sting passes through her and made his way inside and stands, watching his lover in this horrible state.

The girls surrounded Chrome's bed like a ring while she was sitting up not looking too good. Her trembling hands were held both by Erza and Juvia.

"Chrome, it's ok. We're all here. You're safe.", Erza reassured.

"Juvia is here. Please let Juvia stop Chrome-chan's hands from shaking.", Juvia gently pulls on Chrome's left hand and puts it on her cheek, warming the cold hands of Chrome.

With that, it didn't change. Not one bit. Chrome's hands were still shaking. After that, the others walked into the room silently.

"Chrome, we're here.", said her brother Rogue with Yukino clinging into him. He places his palm on top of Yukino's hand and nodded.

Yukino nods back and lets go of Rogue then watches with worry. Rogue walked towards his sister and she looks up to him. "Rogue-nii.", she whimpered.

Erza gets out of the way to let the siblings do their thing and went to Jellal, same with the others, watching silently.

A tear escaped from Chrome's eye. "Rogue-nii, don't let Sting see me like this. I've done something horrible. I don't want Sting to hate me. I can't let him see me like this. I did something horrible.... Horrible.", she said over and over again and tears continued to fall.

All of them looked at each other confused at how she doesn't notice Sting standing in front of her. Rogue looks back at his partner and furrowed his eyebrows. He turns back to his sister and pats her head then stood up.

Sting frowned. He takes a deep breath and sighs. "Chrome, I will never hate you.", he spoke with a low, gentle voice.

Hearing this, Chrome's eyes shot open. Her head tilted little by little to look up and see Sting. She was speechless. Afraid. She began panting, then after that, she started crying heavily.

The blonde dragon slayer doesn't say anything and walked towards the bed. He turns to everyone and nods. "Leave us for now."

All of them nodded and left the room one by one.

Chrome kept crying. And every second, her cries became hard for her to breathe. Sting sits beside her and hugs her, patting her and comforting her.

"Let go!", she cried and tries pushing him away but he wouldn't budge. "I did something horrible! I wasn't strong enough to refused him! Now I can't be your wife anymore!"

"Chrome---", he tries to talk to her but she kept going.

"I don't deserve you! I've betrayed you! I'm an awful person! I am---------------"

Slap.

She lets out a little gasp and the falling of her tears paused after a slap on the face by Sting. Her eyes followed to the side as she turns her head to Sting, who had a blank expression on his face. "Shut up Chrome. You don't know anything."