CHAPTER 35

Back at FairyTail, Makarov contacted Sabertooth. Minerva, Rogue, Sting, the exceed and the others came to them rushing from a caravan and stumbled their way in. Especially Rogue and Sting.

They all assembled in the guild hall in silence. Most of them knew that this day was coming after the warning from future Rogue, Lucy and Erza. Even knowing all of it, Sting and the sabers didn't. To their surprise, Crime Sorciere was here too.

Sting looks around for Chrome and there was no sign of her. He turns to Lucy with worry eyes then Lucy only furrowed her brows in return. "Uhmm... Where's Chrome?"

Minerva interrupts the question and asks her own. "The real question is, where is Chrome, Erza and Strauss?", she asks with her hands on her waist.

Jellal steps in and all of them gave him the space he needed. "We knew that this was gonna happen. That war the futures was talking about.", he said.

"Futures?", Minerva raises a brow.

"Future Rogue, Lucy and Erza paid us a visit before that incident with Zeref.", said Jellal with his hood shading his face. "Erza...", he mumbled.

Rogue's eyes widen. "Could you explain a little bit more? What war?"

A stern expression appeared on Jellal's face. "War. Us, the dragons against Tartaros. A guild of demons. And apparently------------", he pauses. "The faith of you,", he points at Sting. "And Chrome, went through badly. The main focus of this 'changing the future' thing is to protect you Eucliffe."

Sting blinks a couple of times in annoyance then lets out a loud groan. "Haaaaaaa??? The fuck you talkin about? I don't need protection!"

Jellal's eyes burned in fury and rolled his fists, and dashes towards Sting to hit him. Bit sadly, someone got to him first. Someone familiar to all of them came down landing a down fist on Sting. It was Mystogan.

"Mystogan!!!!!!", they all turned white as they shouted his name.

Rogue grinds his teeth and was ready to attack Mystogan but the saint's hand, raised, stops him. "Don't even bother Rogue. What Jellal was about to say was---------" , Mystogan picks up Sting by the collar and stares into Sting's eyes. "You will die in this battle that ruined Chrome's life in the future."

The sabers grind their teeth in shock. "What do you mean?", Yukino squeaked in fear.

"Rogue, said it himself.", said Jellal, backing up his Edo-counterpart. "He's gonna die. But that could change if we do something about it."

Sting pushes Mystogan and tched. "That still doesn't answer my question. Where's Chrome?"

"She's captured. With Mira and Erza. Three of our strongest captured, one of them is also injured. This is not going well.", said Makarov.

The blonde dragon slayer widen his eyes then marches to the door. "I'm gonna find her."

Mystogan stops him by grabbing his wrist then Sting slams him to the ground. "I'm finding her! There's no way I'm gonna just gonna stand here doing nothing!!!"

"If you rush things, you will make things worse. For all of us, including Chrome.", said Mystogan.

Sting stays silent. His calms down then walks towards the group again. "I'm listening."

"Ok now that's done, didn't Rogue said that it was going to happen a few months from now?", asked Levy.

Makarov looks down and strokes his mustache. "That is true. But why now? What has change?", he asks.

"No...", mumbled Mystogan with a shock expression as if he remembers something. Yes. He remembers what the Lady in Red told him.

Despair and sorrow shall bless her existence.