CHAPTER 42

Sometime Earlier 

Somewhere across the city of Magnolia, were Mystogan and the others as usual, they were still searching for clues. Clues to find out how everything happened in the future. 

Jellal digs through some of the pavement while Meredy and Ultear searched buildings. Mystogan on the other hand was inside an abandoned room..............

"Ngh! Damn it! A-g-gain?!", he was on his knees cupping his head in pain. His vision blur again and he stumbles through some items on the ground and falls on  a ragged, nearly destroyed bed.  
"Nggggh!!! Ahh.........!"

It was another vision. Same vision but different. Mystogan walks on the scenario and looked around. It was all the same. "What in the hell? It's the same...", he stares at the scene for a while and then winces his eyes. "Mardgeer was the one who caused all the trouble. But wait-----"

Mardgeer was lying down, dead on the ground. The soldiers, all dead. The other gate demons were gone. "The futures said if we kill Mardgeer, everything will be over.", he studies the scenario and gasps. He hears a scream and widened his eyes. And there at the spot, his vision ends. 

He shoots his eyes wide open and gets off the bed. "This can't be happening.", Mystogan rushes out of the room and jumps off the window, landing on his two feet. "Everyone!!!", he called.

One by one, Jellal and the girls met outside in the streets. "Found something Mystogan?", ask Jellal as he looks at his counter-part sweating. He walked towards him and puts one of his hand on the shoulder of Mystogan. "What's wrong?"

Mystogan's hands began to tremble and he flops to the ground on his knees. "W-we have to get to them.", he said with his voice shaking. "It's happening again..."

"What's happening?", said Ultear as she walks towards him also to comfort him. "Hey prince snap out of it.", Ultear frowned and tried snapping her fingers infront of Mystogan's eyes.

"Mardgeer wasn't the one who killed Sting.", said Mystogan.

"What! Then what are we doing? We have to go before it's too late!", Meredy turns around and started running. 

"This is impossible. Shit.", Jellal mumbled and helped Mystogan up on his feet. "Let's go!", he says while pulling Mystogan.

With the three of them ahead, Ultear looked down to the ground as she recalls what the Future Rogue told her.

Flashback

"Thank you. And also Ultear-san, I have to talk to you in private.", said the future Rogue.

Ultear nodded and followed future Rogue outside the Fairy Tail guild hall. "What would a person from the future need from me?", she said in a serious voice.

Future Rogue turned to her and looked down to the ground. "I have..... A favor to ask you. And you Ultear-san, are the only being that's capable of doing it.", said Rogue. He looks up and walked closer to Ultear. "I know that you can reverse time."

"Yes. Last Ages.....", she mumbled and looked down in grim. "What about it?"

The brother of the devil clenched his fists and drops his knees. "Please.....", he sniffed and held Ultear's hands. "Please, if something happens, save them.... Save their future.....", he puts her hands on his face as he begs. 

Of course, Ultear still had regrets in her life. She looks down at the poor Rogue from the future and smiles down at him. "I'll do what I can. So please stand up.", she pulls him up and clasps his hands. "That will me my way of atoning my sins."

End of Flashback

"I promise you.....", she mumbled.

"Ultear hurry up!", yelled Meredy from a far.