Day 288

Day 288

"Ok, we're almost there, you all have to close your eyes!" I said, practically bouncing in my seat.

"I assume that doesn't include me?" Louis asked from his seat next to me where he was driving the van we had all piled in to. I decided that I needed some quality Arden/One Direction bonding time, so I set up a lunch date with all six of us while Alex was at work. Not that I was purposefully leaving her out, I was just trying to avoid any Zayn-related meltdowns.

We'd had a lovely lunch at Liam's favorite restaurant, a classy place downtown, and now I was taking the boys to a secret location.

"Shut up and keep your eyes on the road," I told Louis, turning around and checking that the other boys had followed my instructions. "Niall! No peeking!"

He grumbled, but Liam gave him a thump, so he finally obliged.

I directed Louis to take a right turn and we drove another block before our destination came into view.

"Woah, wait Arden-" Louis began, but I quickly put my hand over his mouth so he wouldn't ruin it.

"Ok, pull the car over here! Open your eyes everyone!" I said excitedly, turning around so I could gauge all their reactions.

They opened their eyes and all squinted out of the windows, struggling to find what I was so excited about. But soon enough, their eyes all landed on the white billboard with the black lettering and the girl with the crazy hair and way over-done purple eye make-up.

The girl on the London billboard that was me.

"Arden, that's you!" Niall said loudly.

"That's so cool!" Zayn mumbled in astonishment.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Liam asked.

I shrugged. "So that I could surprise you, I guess."

"That's incredible, Ar," Harry said, his eyes still transfixed on the image over our heads.

There was a muffled sound coming from next to me and I spun around to find my hand was still over Louis' mouth. I quickly removed it, shooting him an apologetic smile. "Sorry, Lou."

He narrowed his eyes at me. "You're just lucky I didn't bite you."

I was about to retaliate when Niall distracted, causing me to look away from Louis and to the back of the car instead.

"Arden, you're like as famous as us!" the little blonde Irishman exclaimed, staring up at the billboard that was advertising a make-up company.

I laughed, "I don't think I'm quite there yet. Now come on, no need to keep staring at my face, let's get a move on, chauffeur!"

Louis glared at me, not moving the car.

"Please, Louis?" I asked, giving him my best puppy dog eyes.

He growled lowly but finally shifted the car into drive and took off. "I really hate you sometimes."

"You know you love me, Louis," I grinned.

"All I know is that we're dropping you off first."

--------

Just as Louis had threatened, I was the first one dropped off. But that was really the only thing that made sense anyway, considering the other five all lived in the same building- so it wasn't the best threat, if I was being honest.

I said bye to all the boys, even a stubborn Louis who refused to respond.

I made my way upstairs, scooping my phone out of my purse to check my unread messages.