Day 417

Day 417

I closed the door behind me, sighing as I entered the kitchen and saw that Alex had left me a note. I grabbed it off the counter and read, "Ordered some pizza- leftovers are in the fridge. Love you, Ar!"

I smiled as I set the note back down and walked over to the fridge. The photoshoot I had been at had been grueling. There were a total of ten models, all of who had to look perfect and be in the perfect position all at the same time. It was exhausting.

I pulled the pizza out, setting it on a plate and reheating it in the microwave.

As I waited for the pizza to finish, there was a sudden loud knock on the front door.

I groaned, abandoning my pizza to answer it.

As the door opened, it revealed a familiar head of blonde hair, standing back a few feet and timidly looking at me from hooded eyes.

"Niall?" I asked, confused as to what the boy was doing here.

"Hey Ar," he said, awkwardly shuffling his feet in the hallway. "Could I maybe come in?"

I nodded, allowing him into the apartment.

Just as he stepped inside, the microwave timer went off, causing his head to shoot up. "Food?" he asked, his eyes looking in the direction of the kitchen.

I laughed, nodding. "Come on, we can talk over leftover pizza," I said, motioning for him to follow me into the kitchen.

I pulled out the hot plate of pizza, sliding it over to him, as I grabbed another couple slices and started to heat them up.

Niall was sat at the counter, taking large bites of his pizza. I leaned against the sink so that I could face him.

"So why are you here?" I asked, cutting right to the chase. I loved Niall, and I was extremely happy that he had stopped by- but with his visit, he also brought the past pains of Harry. The ones that I'd been trying so hard to forget.

"We really miss you, Ar," he said, gulping down a bite. "Not just me, but all of us."

I stared at him, silently asking him to elaborate on who "all of us" was referring to.

"Even Harry," he finally stated.

I could feel my breath catch.

"He's been so down in the dumps, Ar. He won't stop moaning about how much he misses you."

I shook my head, unable to believe a word Niall was telling me.

"It's true!"

"Niall, if that was true, then why hasn't he even called me?" I asked bluntly.

Niall paused for a minute before speaking again. "He's scared, Ar. He thinks you hate him and I don't think he could handle being rejected by you right now."

I started subconsciously ringing my hands together.

"Arden, please. You can't tell me that you don't miss him."

"Well wait do you want from me, Niall?" I suddenly burst out, making him recoil in his chair. "Do you want me to go banging on his door, begging him to take me back? Or do you want me to tell you that I do hate him and I never want to speak to him again?"

Niall let out a small cough, giving me some time to calm back down. "I just can't stand to see you both miserable, is all."

"You don't know if I'm miserable or not," I mumbled.

He gave me a skeptical look. "Are you not?"

I tried to stay poised, but found myself shaking my head.

"That's what I thought. And that's why you need to fix it."

"Why can't he fix it? Why aren't you talking to him and telling him to fix it?"

"You don't think we've all tried? We've been begging him for forever. It's been a month, Ar! Don't you think it's time for you two to stop this?"

"Why won't he try to fix it?" I asked in a small voice. If Harry wasn't going to make the effort, why should I?

Niall sighed. "We already discussed this. He's afraid. Without you, I think Harry would crumble. He needs you."

All I could think about was how much I desperately needed to hear that from him.

"So what do you say?"

I stared straight into his pleading eyes.

"Maybe."