Day 437

Day 437

I groaned, yanking off the ridiculously high heels I had been forced to wear for this runway show. It was a miracle I had managed not to trip.

"You did great, Ar," Nora smiled as she slid onto a seat beside me.

"Thanks, Nor," I responded, looking up at her. She towered over my tall frame- making her over six feet tall. With the heels she was currently wearing- she dwarfed me.

Nora sighed as she tore off her heels, replacing them with a pair of Converse. "This designer is insane. Did you see that hat Amelia was wearing?"

I nodded, giggling along with Nora. The hat was weirdly inspired by a frog- but not only was it green, it also had long frog legs dangling off of it. Amelia had been less than pleased when she was presented with it.

"You got out lucky," I snorted. "I was stuck with those thousand pound wings." I subconsciously rubbed my shoulder blades, as if I was trying to rub away the lingering weight.

"Yeah, yeah. It's not like the rain coat was all that much better," she responded, waving me off.

"A rain coat is a lot easier than wings."

"Alright, I'll give you this one. So, any hot plans? I was thinking we should get a group of girls together and go out?" Nora asked. By now, we were both completely changed back into our own clothing.

"Yeah, I'm game!" I said excitedly. I felt like I barely hung out with my model friends- always too busy trying to balance my other friendships and my relationship with Harry with work.

"Ok! Let me just go talk to Amelia and Cory. Think we should invite Flora?" she asked, turning to me in question.

I shook my head. "Nah, I think we both know she'd be no fun in the clubs. Plus she's just a tad bit too annoying for me," I responded, making sure nobody was in ear shot. We all pretended to play nice- and in general, I really liked the other girls. But Flora was a major exception.

"Thank god you feel that way," Nora seemed to exhale. "I thought I was the only one that couldn't stand her."

We both laughed together as Cory sauntered over. "What's so funny ladies?"

"Nothing. Want to hit the clubs?" Nora asked her, getting right to the point.

Cory nodded excitedly. "Who else is coming?"

"Amelia?" Nora asked, her voice going up at the end.

"Ok! I'll go talk to her," Cory smiled before she turned to go find Amelia.

Unfortunately Jessie wasn't part of this particular show or else I'm sure she would have loved to tag along. There weren't too many models who treated us differently  because of our boyfriends. But it did happen, so it was always nice to have somebody who understood and to stick with.

"Ready!" Cory screeched as she bounded over to us, Amelia in tow.

"Alright, let's head out," Nora beamed.

We all trapiezed outside and Nora used her height to her advantage, easily hailing a cab.

We all piled in and sped away to Cory's favorite club- she had insisted on it.

---------

I giggled, resting my head on Amelia's shoulder.

"You seem a little hammered, Ar," Amelia laughed.

"Hey, you've had just as much!" I shot back, sitting up in the seat. I had a few drinks, but it wasn't like I was drunk.

"Arden! Amelia! Let's dance!" Nora screamed as she emerged from the pulsing crowd, Cory hot on her heels.