Day 359

Day 359

"You're sure it's in here somewhere?" Harry asked, half-amused at my failure to keep an organized pantry.

I glared at him. "Yes! It's definitely here. I literally bought it on Friday night."

Harry laughed as we continued to scavenge through the pantry.

"Here! Here, I found it!" I screamed, thrusting the tomato sauce above my head in victory.

Harry shook his head, grabbing the jar from my hand. "I'll take this before you drop it and we really can't have dinner."

I smiled, settling onto one of the counter chairs while Harry started up the stove, working his magic on our spaghetti dinner.

"So how have things been with Alex?" Harry asked.

Ever since I moved back in with Alex, Harry had been spending a lot of time coming over. But he's started to fall back a bit, realizing we were much better now.

"Good. She hasn't mentioned Zayn at all and we've gotten along fine," I shrugged.

Harry and I's date tonight was originally supposed to be at Harry and Louis' place, but when I found out that Alex wouldn't be home for the evening and that Louis would be, we made the last minute change and ended up here.

There was a quick knock at the door, making me abruptly turn my head towards the sound. "I'll be right back," I mumbled to Harry as I rose and shuffled over to the door.

Just as I feared, when I opened the door, four eager eyes awaited me. "Hey Arden!" Louis and Niall chorused.

"You guys, what are you doing here?" I groaned.

"Well that's not much of a greeting," Louis pouted.

I glared at him, simply wanting to go back to enjoy my date night with Harry.

"We were bored," Niall offered up innocently.

I turned to glare at him, but as soon as I saw the soft look on his face, I gave in. I let out a loud sigh. "Fine, but I fucking hate you two."

 Louis bounded inside and towards the kitchen while Niall gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. "Thanks, Ar," he grinned.

"Don't push it, Horan," I grumbled.

It's not that I didn't love the boys, because trust me, I did. It's just that I was really looking forward to spending a nice, quiet date night with Harry.

"What are you two doing here?" Harry was asking as I followed the two boys into the kitchen.

"We got bored and Liam and Jessie were on a date and Zayn wasn't home, so we ended up here," Louis announced proudly.

"Is Alex here?" Niall asked.

I shook my head. "She's out."

"Well I guess we're going to need more pasta," Harry announced, grabbing the box and adding the extra noodles to the pot.

---------

"No, you losers! That's not how it works at all!" I said loudly. "And let's stop talking about it. I'm trying to eat!"

Louis and Niall cackled while Harry simply snickered. At least I had picked the semi-sensible one.

"Arden doesn't like discussing female reproductive organs at dinner?" Louis asked in a mock-pouty voice.

I glared at him. "Shut the fuck up and enjoy your dinner. You're lucky I even let you in the front door."

"You make us sound like we're homeless," Niall laughed.