Day 111

Day 111

"Are you sure I look okay?" I asked as I examined my hair and make-up in the mirror.

Harry's hand shot over, abruptly shutting the mirror and cutting off my examination. "Arden, you look beautiful. Please stop fretting," he urged, his eyes leaving the road for a brief second to give me a reassuring glance.

"I just want them to like me," I pouted.

"They'll love you," he said, taking my hand in his larger one. His thumb traced slow circles, causing me to instantly relax.

We turned into a neighborhood and I instantly tensed up again. Harry gave my hand a light squeeze just as we turned into the driveway of a modest looking house. This is where Harry had grown up.

"So any last minute tips?" I asked as we climbed out of the car, adjusting my modest, floral print dress. It was pretty cold outside, so I was thankful for the tights I had worn along with the warm jacket.

"You'll be fine, Ar. Seriously, they're going to love you."

I sighed, taking his hand and gripping it like my life depended on it.

Harry led us to the door. My hand was sweaty despite the cold temperature.

He rang the doorbell and we stood in front of the door. My back was rigid, and I stared at the dark wood panel in front of it, just waiting for it to swing open.

"You'll be fine," Harry breathed, his head next to my ear. I shivered as his hot breath ran down my neck.

I nodded, swallowing.

"I'm serious,' he whispered just as the door swung open to reveal an overjoyed women with dark brown hair.

"Harry!" she screeched. He dropped my hand just as her arms encompassed his entire body, pulling him into a bone-crushing hug.

"Hey mum," he said, clearly struggling to breath.

"You know, you should really come to visit much more often," she scolded, pulling back. "And you must be Arden!" she beamed, turning to me.

I nodded, giving her a tight smile.

"I'm Anne, Harry's mom. Wow, it's freezing out here. Come inside, you two." She ushered us into the house and we followed her inside, shrugging off our coats and shoes at Anne's request.

A beautiful girl with dark brown hair appeared at the top of the steps. She descended them slowly as Anne continued to obsess over Harry, checking if he was eating enough among other things.

"I'm Gemma," the girl said coolly as she stood in front of me. "Harry's sister."

"I'm Arden," I replied with a smile.

"Trust me, I know. You're literally all Harry can talk about," she said, rolling her eyes. I felt my heart flutter at her words, but my stomach drop. What had Harry told them about me?

"Well dinner's almost ready, so why don't you three go into the living room, and I'll finish up. Robin's upstairs, ROBIN!" she yelled up the steps.

A minute later, a smiling man appeared at the stairs and walked down them. "Harry!" he grinned. They hugged before he turned to me. "Oh, my, Harry, isn't she beautiful?"

"Yeah, she is," Harry smiled, taking my hand in his.

Anne disappeared towards what I assumed was the kitchen and Robin, Harry's stepfather led us into a sitting room.

Harry and I shared a couch while Robin and Gemma sat in the chairs across from us.

"So how did you two meet?" Robin asked.