Day 350

Day 350

"This is everything, right? I don't want to forget something important like bread again," Alex asked me as she read over the grocery list.

I nodded. "I think so."

"Guess we'll find out. Ok, well I'll be back soon. Bye!" she called before grabbing her purse and exiting the apartment.

I tapped my fingers against the counter, glancing at my phone. I had a meeting with the modeling agency to discuss how Wendy was doing (I think they felt bad about the Elena fiasco) and to talk about some future endeavors. But the meeting wasn't until this evening, so I was utterly and hopelessly bored until Alex got back.

We'd discovered a long time ago that we should never go grocery shopping together. When we went together, we ended up buying tons of junk food because we'd encourage each other. So now we had to take turns going grocery shopping and stick strictly to the grocery list that we would make during the week.

I continued to drum my fingers, wondering what I could do until she got back.

I stood up and made my way over to the television, turning on some random game show and watching it for about a half an hour before there was a sudden, loud knock at the door. I stood up, turning off the television, wondering if it was Alex, back already and having forgotten her keys or something.

But it wasn't Alex who I found when I opened the door. Instead it was Niall and Louis.

"Hey guys?" I greeted, confused at their sudden appearance.

"Hey Arden!" they both greeted loudly.

I held the door open, allowing them inside and they quickly made their way into the living room, making themselves at home on the couches.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked as I cautiously followed behind them.

"Well the other boys were all off doing things and we were bored, so we figured we'd pop by," Louis explained in a bright tone.

Niall nodded along enthusiastically.

I eyed them both skeptically but settled onto the couch with them. "Where are the other boys?"

"Harry was hanging out with Lou and Lux. You know, the other Lou," Louis explained, meaning their hair stylist and make-up artist. Harry and Lou were really great friends and he had quite a thing for her daughter- Lux. They really were adorable together. "And Liam and Zayn are out shopping."

"And what, they just didn't invite you two?" I asked.

Louis shrugged.

"So here we are!" Niall exclaimed with a large grin on his face.

I rolled my eyes at both of them but relaxed into the couch, turning my body to face them.

"Is Alex here?" Louis asked before I could say anything.

I shook my head. "She went grocery shopping."

They both gave each other a look before turning to me. "We heard she was really happy about her date with Zayn," Louis said in a quiet voice, as if Alex was in the next room, at risk of overhearing our conversation.

I half-glared at him. "Your band is like gossiping teenage girls."

Louis acted offended at my comment, but Niall just chuckled.

"But yeah, she thought it went really well," I responded in a quiet voice, taking after Louis. "Did Zayn say why he didn't like her or whatever?"