Day 354

Day 354

It was early evening when I woke up from my nap to hear whispering coming from the living room. I'd had a photo shoot this morning, but pretty much as soon as I got back to Harry and Louis' flat, I had collapsed onto Harry's bed and fallen asleep.

I crept over to the door and pressed my ear against it, hoping to make out what the two boys could possibly be talking about.

From my new position, it still sounded like muffled sounds and I couldn't make out any words, so I placed my hand on the doorknob and opened the door as quietly as possible. I got it open just to the point where I could slip out but as I slide through the opening, my back brushed against the door frame, making the tiniest sound. I froze in place as the boys suddenly quieted.

Time seemed to stand still as I waited, stuck between the door and doorframe until finally I could clearly hear Harry say, "It was nothing, we're fine."

I let out the silent breath I had been holding and got myself out from the door and into the hall. From there, I simply stood against the wall, closest to them and it was easy to hear.

"So anyway, what I was saying- I'm worried. She hasn't been eating, she's sleeping all the time. Harry, this isn't healthy," Louis said in a whispered tone.

Harry let out a quiet groan. "You think I don't realize?" he whispered back. "I'm worried sick about her. I beg her to get out of bed in the morning and she refuses. I beg her to eat food and she won't. She won't even talk to me about what's going on. She's so frustrating!" he finished in a louder voice, making me draw back slightly.

"Well what can we do? Do we talk to Alex? Do we talk to Zayn?"

"Let's just give it a few more days," Harry sighed. "But only a few."

I looked down at my hands in shame. The boys were having secret conversations because they were so worried about me. I couldn't help the immense feeling of guilt that welled up inside of my body.

Even though every bone in my body was telling me not to eat, I forced myself to creep over to the kitchen, pouring myself a bowl of cereal. The boys had switched on the television, and the volume was too loud to be able to hear anything I was doing.

I added the milk and grabbed a spoon before looking at my "evening breakfast". It wasn't much of a meal, but at least it was better than no food, right?

I forced myself to brighten up and then took those final steps from the kitchen into the living room.

"What are we watching?" I asked as I settled onto the couch next to Harry, making a point to show them that I was eating the cereal.

I saw Louis give Harry a wide eyed look before turning to me. "Some reality tv show that we just turned on."

I nodded, turning my attention towards the tv and trying to act as normal as possible for the sake of the boys. I didn't want them to worry about me.

"It's nice to see you up and about," Harry said quietly after a few minutes of watching tv and eating my cereal.

I smiled at him, but I doubt it reached my eyes. My entire body was aching. I wanted nothing more than to go back to Harry's bed and lay down. I felt like I hadn't slept in days when in reality, I'd been sleeping for days.

When I finished the bowl, I set it on the coffee table before leaning into Harry's welcoming arms.

"Do you want me to get you anything else?" Harry offered.

I shook my head. Even getting all the cereal down had been rough, I didn't want to push it.

I could tell Harry wasn't happy with my answer, but he would live.

The television show cut to commercial and Louis stood up to stretch, letting out a loud yawn. Suddenly, there was a loud knock at the door. Louis slumped over before shuffling over towards it and pulling it open slowly.

Harry and I watched from the couch as it opened to reveal a timid looking Alex. She was ringing her hands, and her eyes kept darting from Louis to Harry and I and then back to the floor.

"Alex?" Louis said, trying to get her attention.

"Hey Louis," she mumbled, barely loud enough for us to hear from the couch.

"What can I help you with?" Louis asked in a gentle voice, much unlike his regular, enthusiastic one.

"Um, could I maybe speak with Arden?" she squeaked, glancing quickly at me.

Louis nodded before opening the door wider to allow her inside. She scooted inside about a foot before simply standing there and staring at the floor.

Harry gave me a quick kiss on the top of the head before standing up from the couch.

I tried to signal them both with my eyes not to leave me with such a fragile Alex, but they both ignored my silent protests as they made their way to their individual bedrooms.

Once both Harry and Louis were gone, I slowly rose from the couch, making my way over to Alex. "What did you want to talk about?"

"I'm really, really sorry," she burst out, the tears suddenly pouring down her face and the sobs taking over her entire body. "I had no right and oh my god, I'm just so sorry."

I quickly wrapped my arms around her frail figure and shushed her. "It's okay, Alex. Honestly. It's not your fault and I completely forgive you," I told her as she unraveled in my arms.

"Please come back home. I miss you so much," she sobbed.

"I can't think of anything I'd rather do."

(A/N)- Hey guys! I'm sorry updates are kind of slow! I'm doing this like taste of college thing and it's taking up a lot of my time but I promise that I'm trying my hardest to find time to write! Hope you like the chapter!(: