Day 325

Day 325

It was a normal Tuesday evening and Alex and I were watching crappy reality TV, just like most nights. As far as I could tell, while Harry and I were gone of vacation, absolutely nothing between Alex and Zayn had been resolved. I'd been avoiding the topic, and Alex seemed okay with not talking about it too. We'd even been able to avoid all breakdowns since I got back.

There was a loud knock on the door, drawing both of our attentions away from the television.

"Nose goes!" Alex cried, her finger instantly on her nose.

"You know, that game's hardly fair when there's only two of us," I mumbled, but stood up to answer the door regardless.

Alex shrugged, not caring, as long as she didn't have to get up.

I shuffled over to the door lazily before swinging it open to find Harry on the other side.

"Harry?" I yawned, confused as to why he was visiting at such a random time and why he hadn't just called.

"I'm bored," he stated simply.

I looked at him like he was stupid. "You're bored?" I dead-panned.

He nodded. "I was at home and I got bored, so I came here."

I rolled my eyes, but opened the door wider to let him in.

"No, let's go somewhere," he insisted, not moving to step inside the apartment. "I can sit around and eat and watch the telly at my flat. I want to do something."

"Yeah, but you can't do all that with the lovely Alex and I, now can you?" I joked.

Harry rolled his eyes and glared at me lightly.

"Just kidding, I know we're not that much fun. But fine, we'll go 'do' something," I said.

Harry grinned like a little kid on Christmas morning. He must have been really bored.

"So what are we going to do?" I asked as I grabbed a pair of shoes and my cell phone, slipping it into my pocket.

"I have something in mind," he grinned mischievously.

I shrugged, knowing that if he wanted to keep it a secret, there was nothing I could do to get it out of him.

"Alex! I'm going out with Harry!" I called into the living room.

I heard a faint grunt in response to which Harry muttered, "She's so pleasant."

"It's why we love her," I beamed, following him out of the flat and down to where his car was parked.

--------

After driving for about half an hour, we pulled into the parking lot of a large looking carnival type place.

"A carnival?" I asked as I stepped out of the car, looking up at the various attractions in awe. I couldn't even begin to tell you the last time I'd been to a carnival or fair of any sort. My parents weren't really the kind who had "Family Days".

Harry nodded proudly, beamed up at the massive area in front of us. "The perfect cure for boredom."

I smiled, grabbing his hand and pulling him toward the entrance. It was a Tuesday evening, so it was relatively not crowded.

"So where to first?" I asked once we were inside.

"Oh! I'm really good at that game!" Harry said excitedly, pointing to a random money-sucking game.

I shrugged and followed after him as he walked over to the booth.

"Start thinking about which animal you want," Harry said cockily as he paid the worker.