Day 441

Day 441

"Ah, this is incredible," Jessie sighed, her hands flying over the various materials of clothing.

"I just love girls' days out!" Wendy said with a large smile on her face.

"And I just love shopping," Alex added, her eyes already racking the wall of jewelry.

Wendy had sent out a group text earlier this morning, inviting us all out for a girlfriends of One Direction shopping day.

This was the first stop of what was likely to be many of the day.

"Does this clash with my hair?" Jessie asked, holding up a pink, peplum shirt.

"No, dude, it's perfect," Alex responded, barely even glancing at her.

Jessie laughed, throwing it over her arm to try on later.

"Katy, this would look perfect on you!" Wendy proclaimed, holding up a deep purple dress.

Katy eyed it warily, but after all four of us encouraged her, she took it.

We continued buzzing around the store until we had enough garments to go try on.

And after trying things on and twirling for each other- we checked out, each spending a bit too much than we should have in the first store.

"I'm hungry," Alex proclaimed as soon as we had stepped out of the store. "Food court?"

We all agreed and followed her lead.

Once we each had our food, we settled down around a table.

"So you guys, Zayn did the most romantic thing," Alex suddenly gushed once we were all seated.

"What?" Jessie pushed.

"So the other night, he took me to some carnival way out in the middle of nowhere and it was so perfectly cheesy," she answered, her eyes sparkling.

"Wow," Katy said, her eyes wide as she looked up at Alex.

"Oh my god! Louis surprised me recently with this huge teddy bear and he named it Loubear and it was so cute!" Wendy responded, her face lit up in the biggest grin.

"Oh, that's nothing compared to what Liam did," Jessie interjected. "He rented this boat and it was covered in candles and he took me out onto the river and let's just say I wasn't the only one who felt lucky that night," she giggled, shooting us all a wink.

Katy gasped. "He rented a boat? I don't have any elaborate stories like that, but Niall's just so perfect, you guys." Her face reflected all the love we knew she felt towards the blonde haired boy. If you asked me, they were the cutest couple out of the five. They were so hopelessly in love that they didn't need elaborate surprises or crazy, creative dates. They could just be together and that was all they needed.

"What about you, Arden? Anything crazy with Harry?" Jessie asked, drawing everyone's attention towards me.

I shrugged. I wanted to gush about Harry and I, but I felt like I couldn't. It felt like I'd known him forever. Almost too long. "No, not really," I answered.

"What? No crazy Harden romance?" Alex teased.

"I don't know. Things just feel a little slow, you know?" I said honestly. If there was anyone I needed to be honest with, it was these girls. "The other day, we couldn't even find anything to talk about."

"Well I'm sure it's nothing," Wendy reassured me.

"Yeah, you guys are soul mates. You'll get out of the rut," Katy smiled genuinely at me.

I returned her smile, but I didn't return her belief. I wasn't sure what was going on with Harry and I, but it was scaring me. We'd been through so many ups and downs, but we'd never been bored before. Our relationship was never boring.

But there we were.