Day 396

Day 396

"I don't want to go," Alex whined.

"Oh, shut up," I shot back. "We're practically a club, we have to hang out together."

"Fine, but why do we have to have a spa day?" she continued to complain.

"Do you want some cheese with that whine?" I retorted obnoxiously.

She glared at me as we bustled around the apartment, making sure we had everything.

"Come on, we have to go, the other girls are probably almost already there," I said, standing by the door and rummaging through my purse, checking for my phone.

"Ok, ok, ready," Alex sighed, pushing past me and stomping out the door. "This better not be some like creepy spa where they make you strip and then like rape you in the mud pools. Or I swear to god, you won't make it home from your fucking cucumber facial."

"Alex, this is like one of the nicest spas in London. Calm down," I said, rolling my eyes.

"That's what they want you to think," she mumbled.

---------

"There you two are!" Jessie called when we walked in the door of the overly decorated spa. The receptionist glared at the group of us- probably due to both Jessie's outburst and also because they probably weren't used to groups of such young girls.

"In the flesh," Alex snorted, looking around the room with distaste.

"Alex is in a sour mood," I whispered to the other three girls.

"We just need to all go check-in," Wendy explained, motioning towards the front desk, where the receptionist was still watching us with hawk eyes.

The five of us shuffled over to the desk and I stepped up the front because I was the one who had made the reservations.

"Hello, I have a reservation for Resnell," I said in the most professional voice I could muster. I wanted her to take me seriously.

She crinkled her nose as she checked on her computer before curtly nodding. "Yes, welcome Ms. Resnell and company," she greeted, her voice as cold as her expression. "Just follow the doors to the left."

We nodded and followed her instructions, finding another woman waiting for us.

"Hello! And welcome to the Serenity Spa!" she said in a chipper voice that was a welcome change from the last woman. "If you could all go into the changing rooms, there will be some bathing suits and bathrobes waiting for you."

We all followed her instructions and undressed before slipping on the bathrobes. We then reconvened in the lobby where the woman was waiting.

"Excellent! You'll start out in the mud baths, so if you'd like to just follow me," she smiled before leading us to one of the doors.

She held it open for us and we all walked inside.

"Just sit in the mud and let it soak into your skin. It's good for your skin and really helps to open those pores and relax you. I'll be back when it's time for the next station," she explained before exiting the room.

I looked around at the other girls, shrugging before sliding my bathrobe off and hanging it on one of the hooks, revealing the black bikini that had a small SS for Serenity Spa embroidered on the side of the bottoms.

The other girls soon followed suit and before long, we were all sliding into the warm mud.

"This is like safe, right?" Wendy asked quietly, looking down at the mud with concern.