Day 92

Day 92

The apartment was empty as I slipped on my heels and grabbed my purse. Alex was still out of town visiting her family, but I had opted to come home for New Year's Eve and spend it with Harry instead of babysitting my wasted parents.

So tonight, Harry and I were going to a club. He'd had to come back to London the day before for some interview, so only him and I were in the town. The other boys were all still at home.

There were three loud knocks on the door and I smiled as I skipped over and swung it open. I hadn't seen Harry since before I left for Ohio, and even though it wasn't that long ago, I still missed him.

"Hey beautiful," he said, taking my hand and spinning me around in my sparkly black dress.

"Hey you," I said back, placing a light kiss on his lips.

"Ready to go?" he asked.

"Yup," I responded, slipping my black pea coat on over top of the dress.

Harry and I walked to his car hand-in-hand. He held the door open for me like a true gentleman, and I slid inside, as gracefully as possible in these tall heels.

We kept up a light conversation, mostly talking about his family. I was an expert at steering the conversation away from my parents.

And before I even knew it, we had arrived at the club. We parked and climbed out of the car, easily getting past the bouncer. He was the Harry Styles, after all.

The club was covered in gold tinsel and confetti, setting the mood for New Year's perfectly.

"Want a drink?" Harry asked in my ear as we stepped inside.

I nodded and followed as he led the way to the bar. He ordered us both drinks and I sipped on my martini while sitting at the bar with Harry, simply enjoying the music and atmosphere. It was early enough that the club was a pleasant environment, and not quite completely terrifying. At least not yet.

Once we'd both had a couple drinks, we headed out to the dance floor, finding our own spot right in the middle of the close-packed bodies.

We danced pressed together, and I loved the feeling of Harry's warm breath on my neck.

"You look incredible," Harry whispered in my ear as I swayed my hips to the fast beat that was pounding through the club. By now, the club had almost completely filled up. It had to be around 10:30 or even 11.

"So, it's New Year's Eve," Harry said stupidly.

I nodded, raising my eyebrows, curious as to where this was going.

"Well, when the year changes, you're supposed to kiss someone, right?"

I nodded again.

"Well, Ms. Resnell, just who were you intending on kissing?"

I pretended to puzzle it for a minute. "Well, there is this really cute guy I've had my eye on all night."

"Is that so?"

"Mhm," I nodded.

I pressed a light kiss to his lips, smirking as I drew back because I knew he would want more. And I was right. He crashed his lips back onto mine, and they molded perfectly, moving as one.

My stomach filled with butterflies, and I couldn't believe the complete euphoria that I could experience just from kissing Harry.

A few minutes later we broke apart, huge grins on our swollen lips.

"To be continued at midnight, eh?" I winked teasingly.

Harry let out a low, guttural growl.

"I'm going to run to the bathroom," I smirked.

Harry nodded slowly. "I'll grab us a booth over there," he said, pointing to a secluded corner.

I made my way to the back, weaving in and out of the hoards of bodies. Soon enough I found myself in the women's restroom and snagged a place in front of the mirror.

I examined my smoky eye make-up, satisfied with how it had held up throughout the night. I swiped on a light layer of pink lip gloss before snapping my clutch closed and exiting the crowded bathroom. I walked in the direction of where Harry said he'd be, avoiding the many drunk bodies. I could feel the alcohol in my body, but I wasn't falling over drunk.

"Arden?" a voice called from somewhere nearby and to the left. I spun that way and was met by Josh's dark features. I racked my brain for how I knew him and how I knew his name, and finally remembered that he was from that Halloween party. The one Harry had told me to stay away from.

"Hey Josh," I smiled as he waltzed over to me grinning.

"So what brings the now famous Arden Resnell here?" he smirked. Josh wasn't a bad guy. I don't know why Harry disliked him so much.

"Just a little New Years partying with Harry. And what about you? I haven't seen you since that party forever ago." I barely knew Josh, but he didn't send off any warning alarms or anything in my head.

"Here with some buddies. Care for a dance?"

I nodded and he took my hand, leading me out to the dance floor. The beat of the song was fast paced, so Josh whirled me around and I danced with my back against his front. It was definitely grinding, but I made sure to leave at least a little room between our bodies, considering I had a boyfriend.

My mind flickered to Harry. He was waiting for me, but he'd be fine. I would just dance with Josh for this one song, and then I'd go find him.

Josh and I continued to dance, my hips swaying to the rhythm. Josh whirled me around lightly, making me laugh as I enjoyed the pounding music.

"Arden?" an unhappy, deep voice asked from my side. I turned to face Harry, instantly dropping my hands away from Josh. "What the fuck are you doing?" he growled, barely loud enough for me to make out over the loud music, but I could.

"We were just dancing, Ha-" I said, but Josh cut me off.

"Dude, seriously chill out."

"Don't 'dude' me," Harry snarled. "Come on, Arden," he snapped, grabbing my arm and forcibly dragging me away from Josh.

We were off the dance floor and in a more secluded area when I ripped my arm out of his grasp. "What the actual fuck, Harry?" I screamed. The club was so loud, nobody even bothered to look over at me, despite my outburst. "You can't fucking tell me what to do!" I exploded.

"I told you to stay away from him. You were practically fucking him!" Harry shouted, equally as loudly.

I scoffed. "I was not. We were just dancing, Harry."

"If that's what you call dancing," he rolled his eyes.

"You know what? Just get the hell away from me. You don't control me, and you can't tell me who I can dance with and how I can dance!" I shouted, shoving him to the side and storming past him.

"Fine! Leave! Just run the fuck away!" Harry shouted after me menacingly.

I was filled with so much anger, I shoved past people until I was outside of the club. I quickly found a cab and took it straight back to my apartment. During the ride, my temper cooled down, and in my anger's place, I instead filled with sadness and tears began to brim. Harry and I's first fight.

I mindlessly paid the cab driver and stumbled upstairs and into the apartment, throwing off my shoes and quickly changing into an oversized t-shirt and unflattering sweatpants.

I glanced at the clock. It read 12:01.

I never got that New Year's kiss Harry had promised.

I collapsed onto my bed, wanting to shut out all thoughts of Harry. Of course; it didn't work.