Day 55

Day 55

I smiled to myself, sitting up in my bed, inhaling the sweet scent of flowers that seemed to linger around our apartment due to various scented items and laundry detergent.

Today was a Saturday, and I was happy for a weekend. Although, I can't really complain because the last week has been incredible. Harry was the most amazing boyfriend. He'd stop by SYCO just to see me, even if he didn't have a meeting. He'd already brought me flowers yesterday for our "one week anniversary". He constantly made me smile, and it was an amazing thing for me.

I grabbed my phone, unplugging it from its charger. One new text from Harry.

Good morning, beautiful. Any plans for this afternoon?

I smiled to myself. I felt like such a teenager around him, but I loved it. He sent me a good morning text every night and always said good night when we finally decided to go to sleep after our late night texting conversations. We rarely talked about important topics, generally sticking more to television shows, the boys, their album, and random topics. Last night there was a point when we discussed animals wearing bowties, complete with sending each other pictures we found on google.

I quickly typed up a response, sending it to Harry.

good morning yourself :) and nope. at least nothing other than eating ice cream and vegging on the couch with alex.

I stood up and made my way to the bathroom. I took a quick shower, savoring the feeling of the hot water against my chilled skin. Soon enough, I was wrapped up in a warm towel, brushing my teeth when my phone vibrated against the counter. I quickly picked it up, reading the text from Harry.

Well, if you're willing to give up those exciting plans, be ready at 2 and wear sneakers and something you can move around in.

I had no idea what he had planned, but I'd never minded surprises. I sent him a quick confirmation text before finishing up drying my dark hair and applying minimal, simple make-up. Finally, I brushed my hair back into a sleek ponytail, pinning up any hair that fell.

I exited the bathroom and walked over to my very small closet that was practically bursting with all the clothes I had shipped over from the US. I paged through the clothing, picking out an old t-shirt, paired with some comfortable jeans. I then grabbed my sneakers in my hands, and slipped on some ankle socks adorned with little umbrellas.

The look was decent, but definitely dressed down.

I left my room, entering the living room where Alex was spread out on the couch, watching some Saturday morning talk show.

Her head snapped to me as soon as I entered the room and her face was spread with a large, unnatural grin.

"Guess who invited me to dinner tonight," Alex sing-songed happily.

"Zayn?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows.

"Yes! He invited me over to his apartment!" she gushed.

Ever since Alex and Zayn's first date, they'd been seeing each other more and more, and Alex loved informing me all about it. Not that I minded.

I told her about Harry and I's plans. Last week when I told her we were an official couple, she had been very unsurprised. I think she had assumed I'd come back from that night sans my single status.

Her and Zayn weren't official yet, but I had a feeling neither of them much enjoyed putting labels on things. Harry and I were different.

-------