Day 500

Day 500

Today was the day the boys were leaving for their first world tour. I'd already said my goodbyes to the four boys that I was actually on speaking terms with, and I didn't plan on any other ones.

I kept my eyes trained on the computer in front of me, forcing myself not to think about their leaving.

I hadn't realized how much I was going to miss Louis, Zayn, Liam, and Niall. Throughout this entire ordeal, I'd grown so close to all four of them and now I wouldn't see them for months. And even when they came back, I most likely wouldn't see them.

"Arden, don't you want to go see them off?" Alex asked, standing in my doorway all ready to go.

I shrugged.

"Come on, Ar. Think about how sad Niall will be if you aren't there to say bye to him."

I rolled my eyes. "We already said bye."

Alex glared at me until I finally groaned and got up.

"Come on, we don't have that much time."

I begrudgingly put on my shoes and followed her out the door. We climbed into a cab and took the familiar route to the boy's apartment building.

In the parking lot, there were two black SUVs which were being loaded with suitcases as the boys stood about.

We got out of the cab and quickly started making our way over.

"Come on! We're late!" an elderly man who I didn't recognize called out to the boys who were lingering around.

"Alex!" Zayn's voice boomed. He was probably worried she wouldn't make it on time to say goodbye.

The two lovers ran to embrace, and I instead approached Niall who was standing with his arm around Katy.

"Hey guys," I smiled.

They both greeted me with smiles.

Niall's eyes seemed droopy- his under eye bags more prominent than usual.

"Niall, why do you look so tired?" Katy asked, voicing the question that had been on my mind too.

Niall sighed, his eyes seeming to glance over to the left before answering, "I was up all night packing."

I laughed, remembering Liam's warning and how Niall had so blatantly lied.

"Boys!" the man snapped again. "Get in the cars!"

Niall let out a loud groan before pulling Katy over to him and moving his arms to her waist.

I stepped away from the couple, shuffling my feet against the pavement.

Soon enough, the four boys who were outside were waving goodbye to us and piling into the waiting cars.

Alex stepped up beside me, and I turned to find her crying.

I gave her a quick hug, but I knew it wouldn't be enough to stop the pain of letting someone go. I knew that pain all too well.

Just as we turned around to leave, the buildings door opened.

"Harry, hurry your arse up!" The man's yell was accompanied by the loud sound of feet on pavement. I could only assume that Harry was running towards the car.

I tried to stop myself, I really did. But it was no use. My body suddenly craned my neck back, just in time to see Harry opening the door and sliding into the car.

And in that brief second, his eyes rose to meet mine.

I looked into those green eyes. The eyes that had once held the key to my heart.

His look was blank, but I could still feel thousands of emotions within it.

That second of eye contact on the very first day I saw him.

The looks of love that he had blessed me with countless times.

The expressions of pure hatred that he directed towards me.

Every emotion, every thought, every second of our time together- it all flew through my head. It created a book and chapter by chapter, I remembered everything we had been.

But the book was closing- I knew this was the final chapter. Every book had to have an ending, and this one was ours.

And in a blink, he was gone. The car door shut behind him and it sped off, taking him away from me.

It was the end of our story.

(A/N)- The sequel is called 500 Days Until Forever. It can be found on my profile.