Day 3

Day 3

Today was my third day on the job, and honestly, it was perfect for me. I didn't have to do much, just mess around with calendar, schedule things, greet people, and answer the phone. Simple enough, even for an 18 year old girl like me.

I was yet to meet anybody famous, but a few aspiring hopefuls had been through the waiting room, going to various meetings. Certain ones stuck out, other ones were easily forgettable.

The phone rang, and I answered it. "Hello, this is Arden Resnell with SYCO Records, how may I help you?"

I listened to their reply, and told them I'd have someone call them back as soon as possible, jotting down their information.

As the person told me their information, the door swung open, revealing five, now familiar boys. I still didn't know any of their names except for Louis, but they'd been through the office plenty of times in the past few days. I figured they were recording an album or something.

They settled into the chairs, which was unusual for them. Usually they just walked right to wherever they had to go, but I figured they were just early today.

I hung up the phone, placing the information where it needed to go.

"Good afternoon, Arden," the blonde haired one smiled at me as soon as I hung up.

"Good afternoon," I grinned. I'm not sure why, but I felt fairly flattered that even one of them had bothered to remember my name.

"Having a good day?" Louis asked.

I nodded. By now, they were all watching me. "You know, you guys all know my name, but I only know Louis' name," I said, twisting my hair around my finger in nervousness. Did I sound stupid?

The one with brown, sandy hair let out a chuckle. "Sorry about that, must have slipped our minds. I'm Liam."

"I'm Niall," the blonde one said excitedly.

"Zayn," the black haired one added, looking up from his phone to send me a smile.

I turned to the final boy. The one with the green eyes and curly, brown hair. "And I'm Harry."

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you all," I said, smiling genuinely.

"How old are you?" Niall asked.

"18," I replied. "How old are you guys?"

"Harry's 17, Niall, Zayn and I are18, and Louis' 19," Liam replied, pointing at each member.

"That's fairly young to have a music career, don't you think?"

They all shrugged. "Technically we don't have much of a career quite yet. We're recording our first album," Louis announced proudly.

I nodded. "So do you each play instruments, or all sing?"

"Sing," Liam answered.

"So, like a boy band?"

They nodded in response.

"A boy band called One Direction?" I mused a loud. "I like it. I'll have to hear you guys sing sometime."

Niall and Louis' faces broke out into huge grins. "You should come listen to us record!" Niall proclaimed, which was quickly followed by a cheer of agreement from Louis.

I shook my head. "Maybe you haven't noticed, but I'm kind of working," I said, motioning to my desk ful of papers and such.

Niall's face fell, and he legitimately looked disappointed.

"But definitely some other time," I said quickly, feeling bad.

He instantly brightened back up.

"Arden, what's your last name?" Harry said, catching me slightly off guard.

I looked at him in puzzlement, but his expression was blank, not giving anything away. "Resnell. Why?"

He shrugged. "Curious."

I raised my eyebrows. "And what's yours?"

"Why?" he smirked. The other boys were watching us, confused and amused expressions on their faces.

"I highly doubt your name is Harry Why," I joked, returning his smirk.

"Right you are. But why do you want to know my last name?"

Now I furrowed my brow in confusion. "You know mine. It's only fair."

I he nodded, pretending to look thoughtful. "True. Styles. Harry Styles."

I nodded, watching the curly haired boy. He was different from the other four. And I think I liked it.

"Alright lads, they're ready," Zayn said, standing from his seat.

They all stood, following him down the hall.