Slade's POV

I watched as the electronic clock's numbers changed. I was doing this for I-don't-know-if-how-long and still I couldn't bring myself to sleep. I got up from the bed and walked out of my bedroom. On my way to the kitchen, I was halted when I noticed a piece of black clothing on the couch. I moved closer to it and almost snort when I came to realize if what was it. It was an underwear and across the butt area it was written in red lipstick, 'call me if you want a repeat. x'

I shook my head and turned as I finally headed to the kitchen. Reaching the fridge, I got a bottle of beer and popped it open. I gulped from it and took a seat on the stool and smirked as I remembered my time with Liz. Liz was my girl of night, or day as it nearly two am when we reached my place. Saw her at 8ight, the bar I co-owned with my friends.

It was all easy. Wala nga akong ginawa para lapitan siya. She made all the move and got us ended here in my place. Naalala ko ang iniwan niyang note. A repeat. I guessed I might consider that. Lalo pa't hindi siya tulad ng iba na pagkatapos ay aaktong girl friend ko na—mag-aaya ng date o magde-demand ng kung ano. Liz was cool to be with. Like me,  she just wanted the deed done. Nothing more, nothing less. No complications.

Hindi rin siya nag-react nang sinabi kong hindi siya pwedeng matulog dito. She just gave me a final peck, picked up all her clothes—well, not all since she left her underwear—dressed up and left. It was like my rule—no staying after sex. Added to the very first one—no girls in my bedroom. That was why we did it right where she left her little piece of clothing. Yeah, on the couch.

But there was one thing I kind of dislike about her. She was loud. As in real loud. Mabuti na lang at nag-iisa lang akong nakatira sa floor na 'to ng building dahil kung hindi, kanina pa kami sinugod ng mga kapitbahay. But that—her being loud—could be worked on, I guessed.

Tumungga ulit ako ng alak saka ibinaba ito sa island. Like this bottle of alcohol, I used girls as distraction. Distraction from the past that until now kept on haunting me. I was like this since I was sixteen. Instead of going to my therapist for sessions, I found some alternative ways to make me forget and those were alcohol and sex. They worked, especially the latter one, but growing up, it was hard to find some girl who would be willing to do the deed at some time early in the morning.

But that was when I needed it—the distraction. Dahil sa mga oras na 'yun bumabalik ang lahat. At ayaw ko nang gumising sa madaling araw na pawis na pawis, malakas ang kabog ng dibdib dahil sa isang napakasamang panaginip. Yes, I was fucked up. And it was so wrong to use others for my issues in life but what could I do? Isa pa, alam kong hindi lang naman ako ang nagbebenefit mula dito.

Girls got their pleasure and I got my distraction. Wasn't that still fair and square?

Inubos ko na ang natitirang laman ng bote saka tumayo at dumiretso sa kwarto. Now I could sleep.

There was a ringing sound and it was on repeat. Groaning, I grabbed the pillow beside me and put it over my head. That didn't stop the sound though. It still continuously rang. I cursed then harshly pulled the comforter away from me, got up, then I grabbed my jeans on the nearby chair  and wore it.

I walked to the front door thinking who would be interrupting me a this hour? And I couldn't think of any. I was the only one here in the Philippines. Both of my parents were staying in the US for some business stuff. It couldn't be Liz, too. She was aware of my rule. She couldn't come back here unless I'd tell her to.

Ang natitira na lang sa listahan ay si Tyler—isa sa pinakamatalik kong kaibigan. But him going here unannounced wasn't just usual. Ano naman kayang kailangan niya?

I opened the door and was surprised to found it was not Tyler. Instead, it was a girl, she wasn't able to finish her 'good morning' since she was looking at me like she didn't expect me at all.