Relationship Crisis and PLEASE DON'T HATE

Emily's POV

I let go of the band and felt it harshly slap onto my wrist once again, leaving another red mark. I did it again. I felt the sharp sting, but then it was gone. I gazed down at the tons of red marks I had made, then the pain hit. It wasn't enough to make a deal. But it felt kinda like a sharp buzz where the rubber band had left its' marks. It was easier than cutting, and a whole lot easier to hide. The marks went away in about 10-15 minutes and was easy to hide behind bracelets.

"Emily?" A voice called, then there was a soft knock on the door. My head shot up.

"I'll be out in a minute! Last minute make-up check." I lie. I hear shuffling and a door close. I let out the air I had been holding in.

I need to stop.

But it feels so good!

It's so bad to do.

It takes the other pain away

What the hell?

I flicked it on my wrist a couple more times before slipping some bracelets on, covering the band and the red marks. I opened the door and jumped back.

"Man Liam. You scared me." I say, taking a breath and puttting a hand over my chest as he stood up.

"We need you. Like now." I look at him confused. "It's Zayn. Him and Perrie broke up." I felt my heart sink.

"Oh no." I breath out before racing down the stairs. I spot a sad, sulking, tear-streaked-face Zayn. I ran over to him and enveloped him in a hug. "What happened?" I ask, looking into his eyes.

"Manage-- Management made us split. They think she needs to date somebody not in the same league as her. They say it's for the best for the bands" He sniffs.

"And this is benefiting your band how?" I ask.

"I... I honestly don't know." He says. I hug him again.

"I'm so sorry Zayn." I whisper.

"Thanks. But you didn't do anything. I think I'm gonna go wade, get things off my mind. Can I use the pool?" He asks, looking at me.

"Still can't swim?" I playfully ask. He tries his best to glare. "Sure. Knock yourself out." I say, getting up and motioning to the door.

"Thanks." He said before sulking off. I turned around, messing with the bracelets to hide it better. I noticed the others had come in the room. Brea's eyes flickered from my face, to my wrist, knowingly. Corbyn looked at my wrist suspiciously, and the others seemed to have no idea.

"So. Who's up for a lazy day?" I ask, trying to get everybody's mind off things.

"Haylee's coming home." Kaylee says.

"Oh... That's good." I say, sitting down, looking at the others. "When?" I ask, head snapping up.

"Sometime this evening." Jess says, I nod.

I start secretly flicking the band on my wrist .

Why am I doing this?

Oh yeah!

Because I can

I look up at the TV. But feel 2 pairs of eyes on me. I look around and see Brea and Corbyn looking at me. Finally one of them opened their mouth to talk.

"Hey Emily. What's on your wrist?" My eyes go over to Corbyn.

"Nothing." I say, holding up my right wrist. She rolls her eyes.

"Your other wrist." She impatiently says. I hold it up, hoping the bracelets will cover it.

"Bracelets." I say, looking her in the eye. "Are we done?" I ask. Before I know it, she's over by me, moving my bracelets aside, looking at the marks.

"You..." She says, looking into my eyes with disbelief. Without saying anything, I race up to my room, ignoring the calls from the others, the questions, the name calling.

I slam my door and lock it, sinking on my bed and just letting the tears flow, flicking it harder and more than ever. The tears block my vision, but I just think thoughts about things and enjoy the sharp times of pain. I ignored the bangs on my door. I only paid attention when they stopped.

"Corbyn. Did you ever think that asking the question would make her do it more?" I hear Brea harshly ask.

"Oops." Corbyn answers.

"Wait. What ever happened?" Liam's concerned voice asked, my heart melted. I heard muffled talking and then a sigh, followed by a soft knock.

"Emily? Can I come in?" Brea's soft voice asked.

"Why can't I go?" Corbyn asks.

"Do you have any idea how much you'd yell and cuss?" Brea asks. No answer.

"Em. Please?" I got up at the sound of the only person I let use that nickname. I made my way to the door and cracked it open, seeing Brea and Liam shooing everybody else down the stairs. I sniffed and wiped a tear away as they raced over towards me.

Here we go.

See? I'm such a drama maker...

~~~

Okay all my Infinity girls. I'm going to make my parent (dad will be at work) breakfast, clean, pop the question while she's in a good mood. If yes... How's Saturday? And if you can't make it, and it's a yes. Please understand we will do everything with out you.

THX!

Emily