Five - Emily's Past.

Emily.

I groaned as Luke and a few of his female designers raided their studio for a dress for me to wear for tonight. After Lucas had 'kindly' told me that I had no nice dresses, he practically kidnapped me and brought me to his working quarters.

"No, no, girls! Emily' colour for this evening needs to be red! The heels need to be black, now go!" Lucas demanded and the girls nodded, putting back a baby pink strapless dress before searching for a red one. I rolled my eyes at Luke' seriousness to find me a simple dress for tonight.

I found myself wondering around the studio, examining the award ceremony dresses. A blood red one caught my eye and I found myself pulling it from the rack and stepping in front of the nearest mirror, Lucas's shouts drowning out as I took in my appearance.

Not to sound self-centered, but, this dress would look amazing on me! I heard a gasp before hands landed on my shoulders and Lucas's figure appeared in the mirror behind me.

"Beautiful. You shall try this on, now go!" Lucas said, smacking my bottom. I quickly walked into the toilets as a few girls told Luke that the dress I am trying on is specifically for the award ceremony. Luke told them to shut up and I giggled slightly at his forwardness.

I slowly put on the dress, thinking about Mr Styles as I did. I wonder if he'll be the cold and heartless boss that he is at work? Or if he'll be the kind and humorous Harry that I once met? I smiled and zipped up the dress, luckily, the zip is at the side and not around the back. I smiled at my reflexion, the red colour really bringing out my icy blue eyes.

I made my way out of the toilet, Lucas and one of his assistants stood on the other side, smiling when I appeared. Luke looked like he was about to cry, so, I quickly wrapped my arms around his muscular frame, him leaning his mouth down to my ear.

"You look so beautiful and fuckable in this dress." He sniggered and I gasped, pulling away. I slapped his chest playfully and he laughed. Sometimes, I think that he might not be gay. "Anyway, shoes, please, Margaret." He said and a little middle aged women handed him a pair of their best black heels.

Lucas helped me to get into them and that was when I took the time to look into the mirror, looking at my now complete look. I was shocked at the girl staring back at me. The heels that had been given to me had pushed my five foot, three inch frame up a few inches, so, that I looked taller. The dress hugged all of my curves in the right way, making it look like I was skinnier, then, I really am. I was right, the blood red dress complimented my blue eyes and made them stand out.

Who was this girl? Surely, it isn't the same girl that failed her course three times...

... Not the girl, who saved her little Sister's life from a murderer and got left scarred because of it...

... Not the same girl, who cried herself to sleep when she was told that her parents were dead...

... Not the same girl, who begged to keep her Sister and Brother's with her...

Without realising it, I was crying. A tissue came up in front of my face and I turned and saw Liz standing in front of me. I gasped and pulled her into a hug.

"Liz! What are you doing here!?!" I exclaimed, pulling out of the hug. She laughed as Luke and Calum just smiled.

"I had to come down to see my God Daughter, now, didn't I? I haven't seen you since your graduation party." Liz said and I frowned. It's really been four months? Already? I smiled at her and she smiled down at my outfit. "Whoever you are going out with, Em, make sure that he's a gentlemen. I don't want to have to drag Jack and Ben down here because of a silly boy." Liz giggled and I laughed, shaking my head.

"He's a perfect gentleman." I smiled and Liz nodded while Luke and Calum gave me knowing looks.

Harry.

I knocked on Emily's apartment door right on time. The door opened to reveal Lucas. I gave him a nod and shook his hand before walking into the warm apartment.

"Emily is just finishing up. Oh! Here she comes now." Lucas said, looking toward the staircase where Emily was just descending from. I dropped my jaw as I took in her appearance. She looked drop dead gorgeous and if I may say, fuckable. She blushed as she neared me.

"You look beautiful. Shall we go?" I asked her and she nodded and took my outstretched arm. She thanked Lucas before following me to my car, getting her in first before getting myself in.

I drove off, sending glances to Emily the whole car ride. Looking at her in that dress makes me go hard. I cleared my throat and she turned to face me. "You really do look beautiful, Miss Howard." I told her and she nodded, blushing a little.

"Thank you, Harry. You look really handsome, too. Oh, and please call me Emily out of the office." She said and I nodded, not taking my eyes off of the road. I sighed as we reached Liam' house. Well, it's now or never. I thought as I looked at Emily.

Emily.

"So, Emily. Tell us about yourself." Harry's friend, Louis, said and I froze, but, quickly covered it up with a smile.

"I'm quite boring." I laughed nervously and he waved his hand in the air.

"Nonsense. What do your parents do for a living?" He asked and I tried to mentally calm myself down. I cleared my throat before answering him.

"My Mother was a designer and my Father was a lawyer." I said, trying to not sound distraught. Louis frowned, eating some of his lobster.

"Was? Are they not still?" He asked and by that time, everyone's eyes were on me.

"No, Sir. They're dead." I said and a silence filled the table, making me all the more nervous. The table grew deadly silent and I felt everybody's eyes on me, which made me uncomfortable. I felt a hand on my leg and looked down to see Harry's ring covered hand gently stroking my knee. I smiled at the feeling, making me feel at ease some.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Harry! Anything new at Styles. Inc?" Louis asked and Harry cleared his throat, his hand not leaving my knee.

"We just got rid of another department to make room for another company that I've just taken over." Harry said and everyone nodded, obviously impressed.

At least now, the attention was off of me.

Here is the next chapter, guys! Thank you all for reading! Please read, vote and comment!

- Emma x x x

EDITED!