Sixty - Close Call!

Harry.

They had rushed Emily into surgery. They don't know as of now if she is going to survive. Rodriguez was arrested. They said that he is sure to get life in prison. But, I don't care about him right now. All I care about is my Wife and if she is going to live. The hospital had phoned her parents and they are on their way. Luke and Calum are already here. They are in the canteen downstairs. I looked at my watch and sighed.

Six hours.

Emily has been in surgery for six hours. When I saw that bullet hit her... My heart sank to the bottom of my stomach. I'd thought that I'd lost her. I still might. Doctors have come and gone, but, none of them were Emily', which only made me more nervous. I didn't know what else I could do to help my Wife apart from just sitting here.

"Harry?" I snapped my head up to see Calum standing in front of me holding a cup of coffee in his hands. He handed it to me and I quietly thanked him. Luke was no where to be seen, so, that meant that he was still down in the canteen. The double doors in front of me opened and a doctor in scrubs came out and walked straight over to me. I shot up from my seat.

"Mr Styles, your Wife is okay. We removed the bullet and repaired the torn tissue. We gave her the blood back that she lost. It was a tricky surgery, but, she is okay and resting now. She had a close call." The doctor explains and I nod, sighing in relief.

"Can I see her?" I asked and the doctor nods and I look behind him to see Emily being wheeled into a room. I thanked the doctor and follow the nurses into the room. They get her settled in and then, quietly leave, shutting the door behind them. I sigh and walk over over to her bed. "Oh, my poor baby." I say and take her cold hand in mine. "I love you."

The Next Day.

"She's doing very well, Mr Styles. She should wake up soon." The nurse tells me and I nod, smiling a little while looking at Emily. The nurse had just come in to change her bandages and check her vitals. She hadn't woke up all day yesterday because of the amount of painkillers that they had given her during the surgery. The nurse, then, leaves the room.

The door opens again and Emily' Mum enters the room. I send her a smile and she smiles back.

"How is she?" She asks as she pulls a chair up to Emily' bed.

"The nurse says that she's okay. She should be awake soon." I say and she nods. My Mum and Robin were looking after the twins until Emily is back at home. Louis, Niall and Liam were looking after the business until I get back to work.

Emily' Mum stayed for about an hour before she left. Unfortunately, Emily was still asleep. The door opened and I turned to see two police officers enter the room.

"Mr Styles. We just wanted to inform you that Mr Rodriguez has been jailed. He won't be attending a court case because of the circumstances. He will be serving a thirty year sentence." One of them explains and I smile, taking Emily' hand in mine.

"That is great news, thank you." I say and they tip their hats, then, left the room. "That is great, great news." I whisper to myself.

"Yes, it is." I hear and snap my head around to see Emily looking at me. I gasp and shot up from my seat to hug her. She winces slightly and I immediately pull back.

"I'm sorry, baby." I tell her and she smiles. I press the yellow button by her bed, so, that a nurse could attend to Emily. "How are you feeling?" I ask her and she smiles and nods. The door opens and a nurse enters the room and smiles when she sees that Emily is awake.