Forty - Three - Late.

Emily.

One Month Later.

I walked around the living room again, not feeling anything new, just the same uncomfortable feeling that I've had since yesterday. The twins are a day late and I'm beginning the feel the uncomfortableness that comes with being late. Harry has been trying to comfort me, but, with no luck. Anne, my Mum and the doctor all say that it's quite normal to be late. Anne even said that she was a few days late with Harry and a few days early with Gemma.

With all of the reassurance, I'm still not satisfied. Especially since Harry and I know that Jack has been in an uncomfortable position throughout the pregnancy and doesn't kick as much as Rachel does. I sigh and walk into the kitchen, coming face to face with Margaret and John. They were on their lunch break, so, I turned and walked back out of the kitchen.

The front door opened and Harry, Anne and Robin stepped in. I gave him a glare and continued walking into the living room. I could feel him frowning as he followed me into the living room with Anne and Robin following after him. I sat down on the sofa and switched on the television. Anne came and sat beside me and I sent her a small smile as she rubbed my stomach. Harry stood awkwardly behind me and Robin sat on one of the armchairs.

"Can I do something for you, sweetheart?" Harry asked, laying a hand on my shoulder. I scoff and turned to him, glaring at him.

"Haven't you done enough, Styles?" I spit and Harry gulps and nods before sitting on the other armchair. The Big Bang Theory starts and I find myself loosening up a little. Anne has stood rubbing my stomach and is now on her phone, scrolling through Instagram. I feel the urge to pee and pull myself up, only for a pop and gush to be heard. I look down and see that water is covering the shiny wooden floor. I blush, embarrassed at the fact that I peed myself.

Anne gasps with excitement and Harry' eyes widen. I frown at their reaction, then, groan as a sharp pain hits my stomach, making me hold onto the sofa, so, that I wouldn't fall down.

"Emily, the babies are coming. We need to get you to the hospital." Anne says, giving me a smile. Robin stands up and pulls out his phone while Harry leaves the room, returning moments later with my hospital bag. I groaned once again in pain and Anne rubbed my back in comfort. Robin was phoning the hospital to let them know that we were coming. With the help of Anne and Harry, I made it to the car. Harry quickly got behind the wheel and Anne and Robin got in as well, Robin being in front with Harry and Anne being in the back with me.

Harry drove like a mad man to the hospital while I was breathing heavily, trying to control the pain. We soon arrived at the hospital and Harry was the first out of the car. He and Anne helped me out while Robin grabbed my bag and made his way into the hospital for help. I gripped onto Harry' arm as another wave of pain hit.

"Just breathe, baby. Just focus on your breathing." Harry calmly tells me and I fist his shirt in hand and glared at him through clenched teeth.

"I. Am. Breathing." I spit and he nods as Robin, a doctor and two nurses, one with a wheelchair, come rushing out of the hospital and straight over to us. I groaned again and reached out for Harry, the guilt of shouting at him, hitting me like a ton of bricks. I held Harry' hand as I lowered myself into the wheelchair and was wheeled into the hospital. "Somebody call my Mum." I say through my breathing. Anne nods and her and Robin stay outside as I'm wheeled into a private delivery room.

I am lifted from the wheelchair by Harry and a nurse and placed onto the bed. I groan out in pain as another contraction hits. Harry is by my side in a flash and I look up at him through teary eyes and strain out a smile. "I'm sorry for shouting at you." I sob out and Harry smiles and kisses my temple. Our doctor enters the room and I sigh in relief when I see her carrying her medication bag. She sends me a smile and then, speaks with a nurse while giving her the bag. She, then, makes her way over to us.

"Hello, Emily. I'm just going to see how far along you are dilated, okay?" She says and I nod and cry out as another contraction hits. She smiles at me and I frown. "Good news. You're seven centimetres dilated. Do you want some pain relief medication?" She asks and I nod eagerly. As the nurse puts the needle into my arm, I turn to look at Harry, who is looking surprisingly calm.

"All done." The nurse smiles and Harry thanks her. I sigh in relief as I feel the drugs already kicking in. I soon fall asleep.

I awake when I feel myself stretching a little. I groan and wince. That was when I felt an undescribable pain hit me. I cried out, which woke Harry up. He saw the pain on my face and ran out of the room, returning minutes later with a nurse and my doctor. The doctor rushed over to me and checked my lady area. She sent me a smile and nodded to the nurse.

"Good news, Emily. You're fully dilated. You're about to be a Mum." She says and I gasp and look to Harry, who is smiling, tears in his eyes. Two nurses enter the room, wheeling in two cot beds for the babies. I am prepped for delivery. "Okay. On your next contraction, I need you to push down for ten seconds, okay?" She says and I nod, not trusting my voice.

Another intense pain hits me and I push down, screaming out in pain. I the only thing that I feel is intense pressure, so, I push down harder. Harry peeks his head down and gasps. "Here he comes." The doctor announces and I smile and sob as I push down once more, a little of the pressure now gone. The doctor holds up Jack and I smile as he cries his lungs out.

Harry goes to cut the cord and I lightly touch my stomach, not feeling Rachel move. The doctor returns and Jack is placed into one of the cots. Harry returns to my side and gives me a smile.

"He's beautiful, baby." He says and I smile and nod as the pain comes back. I hold my breath and push down before collapsing back onto the sheets, exhausted.

"Emily, you have to keep pushing, nothing is happening." The doctor says, but, I shake my head while sobbing.

"I'm sorry, I can't!" I exclaim and Harry rubs my shoulder and that's when I look over at Jack to find him staring back at me, his little blue eyes curious. I sit up and push down as hard as I can, Harry peeking his head over again.

"Okay, she's breech, Emily. You need to give me a big push and she'll be here." She tells me and I nod and grab Harry' hand, pushing down with all of my might. I feel a release as she slips from me. No cry. I lift my head up in panic and Harry rushes over to find out what's happening. A few seconds pass before a cry is released from Rachel' mouth. I sigh in relief and fall back onto the sheets.

I feel another little pressure leave me, but, the nurse just tells me that it's the after birth. I nod and smile as Rachel is placed beside her Brother. Harry comes over to me, tears streaming down his face.

"They're both perfectly healthy. Jack is six pounds, four ounces and Rachel is six pounds, five ounces. They were born four minutes apart." Harry tells me and I nod, smiling as I look over a my two babies being checked over. They are beautiful.

Here, guys! An extra long chapter for you all! I hope you all liked it! Thank you all for reading and voting!

Vote and Comment!

EDITED!