Untitled Part 28

After they had finished dessert which was mostly Adelaine and Lee sharing it they parted ways with her cousin.

"I never noticed how cute you are when you're embarrassed, love," Lee smiled at her sweetly.

"I'm glad you think so."

Lee held up his right hand. The Knight Bus flew in front of them. They boarded the bus and sat down. Lee wrapped his arm around Adelaine as he told the driver, Stan Shunpike, their destination. Adelaine never really liked the Knight Bus but it was the only way they could get around until they learned to apparate. Lee held on tightly to Adelaine so she wouldn't end up falling on the ground.

"We have arrived," Stan said.

The couple got off the bus and walked into Lee's house.

"Hello sweeties," Mrs. Jordan greeted, happily.

Lee greeted his mum with a kiss on the cheek.

As much as Adelaine playfully teased him for being a mummy's boy she adored their relationship.

"Happy birthday, Adelaine," She said, hugging Adelaine

"Thanks Mrs. J-- er- I - mean Rita," She thanked her best friend and boyfriend's mum.

She still hasn't gotten used to calling his parents by their first names, despite dating Lee for over a year.

"So, where's the firewhiskey. I need to celebrate my best friend and girlfriend's birthday?" Lee asked.

"It's in the liquor cabinet next to all the muggle alcohol that your dad has," Mrs. Jordan told him.

He nodded and walked away. Adelaine followed her best friend and boyfriend to the liquor cabinet that was in their dining room. Lee grabbed the bottle and poured it in a glass as he sat down on the couch in the living room.

"You know you get extra affectionate when you're tipsy," Adelaine smiled at her boyfriend, playing with one of his dreadlocks.

"Really?"

Adelaine nodded. Lee didn't get too sloshed but just tipsy and like Adelaine had mentioned to him he was extra affectionate. She counted about ten forehead kisses in the last five minutes. Not that she particularly minded. Adelaine walked him up to bed around eleven thirty.

"Thanks love," he hiccuped, slightly.

Adelaine smiled, helped him take off his shirt and helped him into bed. He never made his bed like Adelaine did.

"Come snuggle with me, love." He said, patting the empty spot next to him.

Adelaine thought for a moment and said. "I'll be right back."

"Okay."

She got up, grabbed her clothes that she had kept here whenever she wanted to spend the night. Her pajamas consisted of a pair of long sweats and an old Gryffindor Quidditch jersey that Lee had given her.

Although, Lee wasn't technically on the team it had his last name in bright scarlet letters and also said. 'Commentator.'

She walked out of the bathroom and back to Lee's room. He was already fast asleep as she got into bed next to him.

"Night, Lee," she whispered.

In response, his arms draped over her protectively, pulled her to his chest and slightly slurred into her ear. "Night, love."

She'd admit that gave her goosebumps despite him being tipsy. She soon fell asleep nestled into her boyfriend's chest.

*****

"Ugh, how much did I drink last night!" Lee groaned the next morning.

Adelaine woke up at the sound and said, "Not as much as it feels like you did."

"Morning." he said, sloppily, kissing her cheek.

There was a soft knock on the door, in walked his mum with a pepper up potion and some tea.

She wasn't even fazed at the scene she had walked in on this many times before but the first time was just an accident.

Flashback a few days after Christmas 1989

Lee and Adelaine had been laughing and joking in his room most of the day.

"Mum?" Lee asked.

"Yes, sweetie?"

"Can Adelaine spend the night?" He asked hopefully.

Mrs. Jordan being the one who could never quite say no to her son just nodded. He was twelve so he was well out the phase where he thought girls had 'cooties'.

Actually, Adelaine was the first girl he's taken a shining to other than Angelina anyway.

That's probably because they share an interest in Quidditch but Adelaine was a quiet bookworm that Lee was helping come of out her shell.

She Floo called Adelaine's dad to ask him. He was hesitant at first but he eventually agreed. Adelaine enjoyed staying at the Jordan's house.

It was now later that night. The two children were getting ready for bed.

"Goodnight Lee."

"Night, Lainey."

The two children fell asleep or at least Lee did.

"Lee?" Adelaine whispered softly.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry to wake you but I can't sleep."

Lee instantly offered. "Come up here, I'll sleep on the floor."

"You sure, you don't have to sleep on the floor in your own house."

Lee shook his head and said. "I don't mind."

"Okay."

They switched places.

A few hours later, Lee got up to go to the bathroom and completely forgetting that Adelaine was asleep in his bed he got into bed next to her.

The next morning, Mrs. Jordan walked in on the scene. The two kids were feet apart. She smiled and closed the door behind her.

"How are the kids?" Mr. Jordan asked.

"It looks like Lee forgot that Adelaine was sleeping in his bed so he accidentally got into bed next to her," She giggled.

Mr. Jordan smirked and asked, "How long do you think it will take them to get together?"

She slapped her husband playfully and said, "They're barely first years, Curt."

They had kept the secret since that day.

End of Flashback

"Morning you two, how did you sleep?" Mrs. Jordan asked.

"I slept well but your son is slightly hungover," Adelaine answered her honestly.

Mrs. Jordan nodded and handed Lee the phial of pepper up potion.

"Thanks mum," He said, gulping down the potion.

"You're welcome, honey."

Adelaine got out of bed and went to go take a quick shower. After she finished her shower, she noticed Lee was up. He was still shirtless not that she particularly minded.