Untitled Part 66

February 2009

Lee and Adelaine were home when Mr. and Mrs. Jordan appeared in the floo.

"Gramps and Gran!" Ari yelled running towards her grandparents.

But Adelaine and Lee knew something was up.

"Mum, what's wrong?" Lee asked noticing his mom had been crying.

Rita broke down and said. "My dad died in a car accident."

Lee rushed to comfort his mum and soon he was crying too.

"Why is daddy crying?" Ari asked.

"Your great grandfather died," Adelaine told her eldest.

She was really close with her great grandfather so she started to cry too. Adelaine pulled her eldest into a hug. She was holding back tears herself. She always loved Nick.

"So, when's the funeral?" Lee asked sobering up and leading his mum to the couch and sitting her on the other side of him.

"Five days."

"Okay," Lee nodded.

The group had some dinner and his parents left.

Lee and Adelaine began packing for their trip.

"I know you want to go love but is it safe to travel this far when you're pregnant?" Lee asked.

Adelaine nodded and said. "It is, I'm only five months."

"I need my rock there, I don't know what I would do without you," Lee said, wrapping his arms around his wife her stomach in the middle. Their son kicked.

"This is your first trip out of the country and you're not even born, Chance," Lee said his hand on her stomach.

They had agreed on the name Chance Oliver.

The family apparated to their house two days later. This is the first time that Adealine and Lee had been here since they were engaged. Rita and Curtis hadn't been here since Lee was born.

"Hi mom," Rita said, hugging her mom.

It was a stiff hug as always.

"Hello Milly," Curtis greeted, devoid of any emotion.

She glared at her daughter's husband.

"Hi Grandma," Lee said, faking a smile and hugging her.

"I see you're still married to the harlot, added an extra brat and another one is on the way," she glared at her grandson's wife and children.

"Adelaine is not a harlot!" Lee exclaimed, glaring at his grandma.

"And I'm not a brat!" Ariana exclaimed, glaring at her great-grandmother.

"You are!"

"I wish you were the one who died not great grandpa Nick!" Ariana yelled.

The next thing everyone knew Milly slapped Ariana across the face.

"How dare you insult my wife and then lay a hand on my daughter!" Lee bellowed.

Ariana cowered next to her mum crying as she comforted her.

"I know grandpa Nick would want us to stay here but I just can't," Lee said, taking Adelaine's hand.

"We're not staying here either," Curtis said.

Rita left with her husband, son, daughter-in-law and grandkids.

"Where are we going now, mum?" Lee asked.