Untitled Part 38

It was now early August, Adelaine was in her room doing her homework when Lee popped in. She almost forgot he could apparate now.

"Hey love," he said, dropping a kiss on her cheek.

She jumped slightly and said. "You scared me."

"Sorry," he said, blushing sheepishly his brown eyes twinkling, mischievously.

Adelaine melted and said. "It's fine, Lee."

"Your desk is a mess," he teased.

"I know but I can find everything," she said.

Lee noticed the letter in the mess of her desk and asked. "Who's this letter from?"

"Cedric wrote it to me before he died. Professor Sprout gave it to me after the memorial."

Lee nodded and asked. "Have you read it?"

"I haven't had the strength to read it yet," she said, honestly going back to her homework.

Lee nodded and said. "You want me to read it for you?"

"Okay."

Lee led her away from her desk and they laid down on her bed. Lee started to read.

Dear Addie,

If you're reading this, I'm probably dead. You're my sister in all but blood. My annoying little sister who I'm crazy protective of just you are of me. I know you always wonder why, how Lee and I became friends. Let me tell you:

It all started back in our first year when we were paired up for a Potions project in November of our first year. Most of that conversation still burns in my memory.

"I'm Lee Jordan!" he introduces himself.

I introduce myself and say. "I'm Cedric Diggory, Adelaine talks about you a lot."

"So, you're friends with Adelaine too?"

I nod and tell him sternly. "Yes, I am and if you ever try to play a prank on her you'll have to deal with me."

Lee chuckles and says. "I would never think of playing a prank on her and if Fred or George ever thinks of playing a prank of her I'll stop it immediately."

"Okay."

"I'm honestly becoming very fond of her. I mean she's a bit quiet but that's okay," he said a smile on his face.

After that conversation our friendship starts to form.

One day after Christmas of our first year we were talking again.

"I might just be being overprotective now but if you do ever develop feelings for Adelaine, you'll have to have my blessing to ask her out."

Lee laughs and says. "I can assure you we'll never have to have that conversation."

I can picture you now you're probably reading this letter wrapped in his arms. Your head on his chest. You two are quite predictable. Remember me with a smile, don't grieve too long for me. And if Lee does ever hurt you I'll come back from the dead and hex him to oblivion and magically castrate him.

Your honorary brother,

Cedric

Lee smirked down at Adelaine and said. "We are predictable."

"There's nothing wrong with that." Adelaine smiled, her first genuine smile since Cedric died.

Lee couldn't help but smile back and said. "So, you turn seventeen in a few weeks. I officially won't be robbing the cradle anymore."

"Can you believe we start our seventh year so soon?" Adelaine asked.

"No, it's amazing. We've known each other for almost six years and we've been dating for just over two," he said.

Adelaine smiled and kissed Lee. He allowed a soft moan to escape his lips as he pulled her on top of him as the kiss deepened considerably. The couple just got lost in each other.

"That was fun," Adelaine said, lying back down next to Lee.

Their clothes were both slightly ruffled the first few buttons on Lee's shirt were unbuttoned a tuft of dark chest hair sticking out.

"You like my chest hair?" Lee asked, cockily.

"It's quite sexy."

Lee rubbed the hair.

"Now that's just creepy and nasty," Adelaine giggled.

He puffed out his chest slightly as Adelaine giggled again.

"You know I was a bit upset at you at first but then I realized it was a bit silly."

"Why were you upset?"

Adelaine sighed against his chest and said. "You kept telling me that Cedric would be fine but he ended up dead."

"Now you know why I dropped Divination," he chuckled running a hand through her hair.

"I suppose so."

Lee replied. "When we get married and have a son we'll name him after Cedric, I promise."

"You really think we'll get married?"

"Honestly, yes. I can see myself married to you and having a few baby Jordans running around."

"But you're so free spirited I don't want to tie you down."

Lee shook his head and said. "Don't worry about that, you'll never tie me down."

"Alright."

"Although you can come across as a shy bookworm with people you don't know well. I've seen a side of you that no one else has seen."

Lee stayed for dinner and then apparated home but not before kissing Adelaine goodbye.

It was now Adelaine's seventeenth birthday. Like always they were having a party.

"There's the beautiful birthday girl." Lee grinned.

Adelaine blushed modestly as he gave her a deep kiss. They celebrated her birthday.

*****

It was now time to go shopping for their books. Adelaine and Lee ran into Leslie and her dad. She had drifted apart from her by the end of their fifth year but Adelaine tried to make conversation for the sake of it.

"Hey Leslie, how was your summer?" Adelaine asked, awkwardly.

"Good, I have a new boyfriend," she said, happily.

Adelaine shrugged and said. "That's good, what happen to Damon?"

She thinks that's his name. He was a year older than them so they hadn't seen him around.

"Oh him, he was just a fling," she shrugged, nonchalantly.

Adelaine shrugged back as she walked away. They continued buying their books. After they finished they went to have some ice cream per usual.