Untitled Part 34

It was now time for the Hufflepuffs to learn dancing for the Yule Ball.

"This feels so weird," Cedric commented as he was dancing with Adelaine.

They were in a waltz stance.

"Tell me about it," she agreed, keeping up the conversation, "Are you going to ask, Cho?"

Cedric blushed and said. "I've been playing with the idea, actually."

"That's good."

They continued learning how to dance.

Adelaine and Lee were out by the lake just lying down enjoying each other's company after their respective dance lessons. Lee had his arm around Adelaine.

"Do I have the right to assume that we're going to the Yule Ball together?" Lee grinned at her.

She grinned back at him and said. "You better believe it."

"Good, I assume you're going to get a dress that will blow my mind," he smirked, playfully at her.

"You'll have to see," she said, her hazel eyes twinkling mischievously.

"Can't wait, love."

*****

It was a few days later, Angelina, Katie, Alicia and Adelaine were shopping for dresses for the ball.

Angelina was going with Fred, Katie was going with a sixth year Hufflepuff named Cory Haines, Alicia was going with George and lastly Adelaine was going with Lee.

"Adelaine, I think I found the perfect dress for you." Angelina said.

The girls would always suggest dresses for the others. She glanced over the black-haired girl who was holding a beautiful cinnamon colored dress.

"What do you think?"

"It's quite pretty." Adelaine complimented.

Angelina smiled and said, "You should go try it on." She said handing it to her.

Adelaine nodded and went to the try it on. She really hoped it fit.

"Wow, you look gorgeous," Angelina said.

Adelaine looked in the mirror. The dress was just right. It showed off the curves that she had.

"I bet Lee won't be able to keep his eyes off you," Katie said, she had bought a lilac dress.

"That's for sure, but that's not anything new," Alicia agreed, she had chosen a teal dress.

Adelaine blushed. She bought the dress and they left the dress shop.

"How do you want to wear your hair?" Angelina asked, linking her arm with Adelaine's and Alicia's on each side.

Adelaine sighed and said. "I don't really care, but maybe you can do a fancy braid or something."

Angelina nodded. They walked back to the castle. The twins and Lee had detention that day so they couldn't join them in Hogsmeade.

Though they should be out by now. They walked up to the Gryffindor common room. Lee and Fred were waiting for their girlfriends and George was waiting for his date.

"Hey boys," Angelina greeted, as they walked in.

Fred greeted his girlfriend with a kiss. Lee greeted Adelaine with a hug.

"So, what do your dresses look like?" Fred asked, his girlfriend hoping she would tell him.

"Not going to work, Fred," Angie told her boyfriend.

Lee gave Adelaine his best puppy dog eyes.

"Not going to work, Lee," Adelaine smirked at her boyfriend.

"Oh, bugger."

Adelaine smiled and asked. "When was the last time you shaved?"

"What you don't like my beard, I thought you said you liked it."

Adelaine giggled and said, "You call that a beard, it's just some peach fuzz."

"Ouch, that hurt," he said, feigning hurt.

Adelaine walked closer to Lee, ran her hand down his cheek and cooed in his ear seductively or what she thought was seductive anyway. "If you want our first kiss in almost four months at the ball, you better shave, got it." she finished, smirking coyly at him.

Lee nodded. He resisted the urge to run up to his dorm and shave now. He's really missed kissing Adelaine.

"Well, I should get back to my common room."

Lee nodded and she left towards her common room. Cedric was on the couch when she crawled in

"So, have you asked Cho yet?" she asked, bluntly.

Cedric smirked and said, "Straight to the point are we."

"So?"

"Yes, I asked her. "

Adelaine smiled.

It was now a few days later, Adelaine was in the library reading. It was nice and peaceful. After a while she left the library.

******

Adelaine was sitting at the Gryffindor table a few days later when that same owl landed in front of her.

"What does this letter say?" Lee asked, not even trying to hide his disgust.

Adelaine sighed and said. "My mum got remarried just after the divorce was finalized not even a month ago."

Lee shrugged.

*****

It was now Christmas Day, Adelaine was getting ready for the Yule Ball with Angelina, Katie and Alicia.

"You're not wearing your glasses, Adelaine?" Angelina asked.

Adelaine shook her head and replied. "I found a spell that fixes my eyesight for a few days."

"Oh, that's nice."

"It is, but I honestly miss my glasses. I keep wanting to push them up my nose," Adelaine giggled.

"Come over here, so I can comb your hair," Angelina instructed.

Adelaine nodded, sat down in front of Angie and she started to brush her hair.

"Well, let's get down to the common room. I bet the boys are anxious to see us." Alicia said.

The other three girls nodded and the descended the stairs into the common room.

All garnering the same reactions from their dates and boyfriends in Angelina and Adelaine's cases.

"Bloody hell, love. You clean up nicely. Of course, I always knew that, " Lee exclaimed, rambling slightly.

Adelaine winked and said. "I'm much more than just a girl next door. You look quite dashing yourself, Lee."

Lee just nodded transfixed at his girlfriend's appearance. He was very excited for that kiss tonight.

"Come on, lets get down the Great Hall."

The couples left the common room and walked down to the Great Hall. Once they were outside the Great Hall, Adelaine dragged Lee over to talk to Cedric and Cho.

"You look pretty, Adelaine," Cho complimented.

Adelaine smiled and said. "You look quite pretty too."

She had noticed a certain Boy-Who-Lived had been staring at Cho until Hermione had walked down the stairs. She's curious who Hermione's going with.

"Time to go in, Mr. Diggory," Professor Sprout said, walking over.

Cedric nodded and said goodbye to Adelaine and Lee.