2 Years Post War- Part 1

Word Count: 1,800

It was now November of 2000. Adelaine woke up per usual with Lee's arm draped around her waist. She smiled, got out of bed and went to their loo to start getting ready for work. She looked in the mirror she noticed a small bulge in her stomach area. Her musings were interrupted when Lee rested his hands on her hips in greeting.

"Morning love," he smiled, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Morning Lee."

He grinned and asked cheekily. "You know what I feel like doing right now?"

"What's that?" she asked already feeling his erection poking the curve of her bum. She held back a groan.

"Making love to you until we both have to go to work," he said kissing her below her ear.

She bit back a moan that was dying to come out but replied. "I have to be at work in an hour or so."

"Maybe a quickie then?" he asked hopefully.

"Don't you get it that I'm not in the mood, Lee?" Adelaine groaned pushing past him.

"Fine then!" he exclaimed.

The couple shuffled around getting dressed for their respective work days. Lee was bold enough to try and kiss his wife's cheek before he left but she rebuffed him. He sighed and left. Lee was the owner of his own Wizarding wireless station.

"Morning boss," One of the DJs greeted.

"Morning Jake," he greeted.

Jake had worked there from the start so he asked. "Something wrong?"

"Nothing that concerns you," Lee said walking towards his office.

Jake shrugged.

Adelaine reached the Daily Prophet building and walked in. She's worked as a columnist ever since the end of the war. Thank Merlin, that Jeremy had been killed in the war since he was a muggleborn.

"Morning, Addie," Leslie greeted. She was the fashion writer for the prophet.

Her stomach churned when she saw what Leslie was eating. She's been feeling nauseous since she got up that's why she wasn't in the mood to fool around with Lee if she was feeling okay they would've shagged right then and there. She has noticed she's been slightly testy with him lately.

"Want some?" Leslie offered.

Adelaine shook her head. That caught Leslie off guard they usually shared their morning scone.

"Everything okay?"

"I'm fine."

Leslie dropped the subject. It was now lunch time and Adelaine still wasn't feeling well.

"So, spill. What's wrong?" Leslie asked.

Adelaine didn't reply she just ran towards the loo and emptied the contents of her stomach.

"How long has this been going on?" Leslie asked, holding back her friend's hair.

"It comes and goes."

"When was the last time you and Lee made love?"

Although, Adelaine and Lee have been married for almost four years it still made her blush talking about her private life with her husband.

"So?"

"Maybe a few weeks ago although he was in the mood this morning but I wasn't," Adelaine answered.