Two Years Post War- Part 3

WC: 2,241

The next morning Adelaine woke up in her normal position with Lee's hand resting on her bare stomach protectively. She no longer had the sickness and nauseousness to the extent where she tossed her cookies every morning.

"You awake, love?" he asked sleepily.

Adelaine turned to her sleepy husband and said. "Yes, I'm awake."

"I know you sensed something was wrong last night and I just used making love to you as a distraction. Although I throughly enjoyed the multiple times we made love especially when you would yell my name in pleasure," he finished with a smirk.

"Why did you need the distraction?" she asked worriedly.

Lee sighed, ran his hand through his dreadlocks and said. "I'm just nervous about being a bad father. I'm not saying that I'm not excited since we've been trying to conceive again since the end of the war."

"Lee, I'm sure you won't be a bad father. Although I might be a bad mum."

"You're great with Teddy, I can't see you being bad with our child," he told her.

Adelaine sighed and said. "I suppose you're right. We never discussed how many kids we want to have."

"I want my own Quidditch team," Lee chuckled.

"As much as I love you, Lee. I'm not going through labor seven times," Adelaine said, resting her head on his chest.

"Well, it was worth a shot but I'm honestly fine with three or four children," Lee told her his hand hovering over her stomach.

"Now that's a more reasonable number," Adelaine said.

The couple continued snuggling for a few minutes and reluctantly got up. They got ready for their respective work days.

"Have a good day at work, love!" Lee said, kissing her cheek before he went to work.

"You too, Lee."

The couple went their separate ways. Adelaine went to the Daily Prophet.

"Morning, Addie," Leslie greeted.

"Morning,"

The two friends shared their morning scone. The baby quite enjoyed the scone or at least Adelaine thinks the baby did.

The work day continued. At half five Adelaine left and went home to see Lee cooking dinner.

"Hey Lee," Adelaine greeted her husband taking off her cloak.

He greeted her with a kiss on the cheek.

"It sure smells good in here," Adelaine said sitting down at the kitchen table.

Lee nodded and asked. "How was work?"

"Good, how about for you?"

"Just the same."

Adelaine helped him set the table and they as always blatantly flirted through the meal.

It was now about a month later. Adelaine was now four and half months along and her stomach was a lot more obvious. She was at home right before Christmas reading when there was a slight flutter in her stomach. She was caught off guard for a second but then realized their child had just kicked for the first time and grinned widely. She would have to tell Lee when he gets home. She checked the clock it was almost five he should be home soon. She didn't work as often instead of working all week she worked three days a week.