Untitled Part 50

The next morning the couple got up, got dressed and went to the Ministry for the hearing.

Adelaine tensed when she saw Jeremy for the first time. Lee took her hand and rubbed her fingers with his thumb.

"I call Ms. Romero to the stand," The magical barrister said.

Adelaine stood up from her spot next to Lee, he gave her an encouraging kiss on the temple and she walked up to the stand.

"State your name."

"Adelaine Romero," She answered.

They stated a few personal details.

"So, you were the first supposed victim?" he asked, suspiciously.

Adelaine nodded and said. "Yes, but it's not supposed. It really happened. He would flirt with me shamelessly even when I told him I wasn't interested and I was happily taken, slap my bum and he kissed me."

"You made me do all those things!" Jeremy exclaimed.

Adelaine glared at him through her tears.

"Why didn't you report it?"

She sniffled and said. "I did but this Ministry didn't pay attention to it until now." she finished bitterly.

"That's because you lied!" Jeremy claimed.

Lee finally had enough and he yelled. "She's not lying you bloody git, I was there when she broke down and confessed about you harassing her. I promised her that we would tone down the displays of affection until she was ready."

"You still wanted to date her when she was tainted?" Jeremy smirked, evilly at Lee.

"She wasn't tainted, you git. Although she did think I would dump her but I obviously stayed with her because I bloody love her."

"I think we're done here."

Adelaine ran off the stand and into the safety of her fiancé's arms. Lee kissed her forehead to calm her down.

"Isn't this sweet." Jeremy sneered.

Lee glared at him, protectively stood in front of his fiancée and said, "I'm this close to hexing you to oblivion and you will never bother us again. No matter what happens."

"I have made my decision," the judge said.

Adelaine tensed as he read the verdict. They believed he was innocent.

"I can't believe he bloody got away with harassing you!" Lee exclaimed as they walked out the courtroom.

"Me either but it's some sense of closure at least I got to face him in court," Adelaine said.

Lee nodded and said. "I suppose you're right, love." he finished taking her hand.

"You want to grab something to eat?"

"I'm starving."

Adelaine chuckled and said, "I'll take that as a yes."

The couple walked to the nearest muggle restaurant. They were escorted to the table and sat down.

"So, after this why don't we go get married," Lee suggested, playfully fiddling with her engagement ring.

Adelaine thought for a moment and said. "That's quite tempting but I've always dreamed about my dad walking me down the aisle."

"Yeah, I bet Fred and George would never forgive me if they weren't my best men," Lee chuckled.

Before Adelaine could respond their food was delivered. Lee dove into his food hungrily.